Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Now this winter`s run to the sun is over with... :cry:

Next long`ish planned trip round France with car on an "A" frame... :Eeek:::bigsmile: in September... ::bigsmile:

My light weight 4 wheeled car trailer is open to any one who would like to have a "Loan" of it....

Big enough to take a "Honda Jazz" or "Peugeot 107" or "Toyota Aygo" type car will easily accommodate a "Smart Car"....

It`s brand new and comes with a spare wheel... only covered 4K miles.. and tows beautifully.. :thumb:

It is open to any member to borrow,,,,,,, providing it is collected and returned to "Honiton Area" of Devon...

Temp insurance will have to be arranged by the borrower...

No charge but a "Donation" to Julia`s House Hospice" here = https://juliashouse.org/ Would be most welcome .... :thumb:

Details = Four wheeled, Woodford Built Trailer,,, Gross weight 1600 KG. Load or max weight of car 1200 KG... Tie down wheel straps available (4).. Ratchet adjustable Tow-ball.. (Saves using a drop plate) also available...

The trailer is exactly the same width as our M.H. and is total length of 17ft...

In the first instants, give me a PM if interested in borrowing the trailer...

The onus is on the borrower to make sure their Motorhome is capable of towing this trailer,, ie weights etc...

This is a photo of the trailer behind my M.H... on this winter`s trip...

Attachments

• P1040876 (600 x 337).jpg
    P1040876 (600 x 337).jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 122

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Mo, in the photo you show a car on a Woodford Built Trailer, which is then attached to the tow bar. Now my understanding of an "A frame" is it is attached to the car via the front and then onto tow bar, which allows the wheels to run on the road. Yours is a trailer period and therefore legal the "A frame" system is not because the law in the EU ( mostly Spain ) is a car cannot tow a car if ALL wheels are on the ground - a MH cannot tow a car if ALL wheels are on the ground - BUT a car can tow a car ( with wheels off the ground ) on a trailer.................. and a MH

I sure someone will tell me I'm wrong.:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
That's an extremely generous offer and I'm gutted that were not close as it would be ideal for our short d day trip in June.. :-(

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Mo, you do know the laws are tightening on A frames in France !

All, at the moment "Hear Say"... John..

As far as I can make out and understand it is not "Illegal" in France at the moment.. :thumb:

This trip to Spain I was surprised how many RV`s & Motorhomes that were on the road with "A" frames... even by some of our members... and a lot of French & Germans...

And had no problems... :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back