LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Well my 30 day trial of the new DYSON cordless vac is up :Smile: Great bit of kit that really impressed me :thumb: BUT it ain't and never will be £350 worth. The nice man mr Dyson told Curry's to sell the vacs with a no quibble Gtee stating you can use it for 30 days and if you don't like it for any reason get your money back :thumb:
I had been fancying one for ages but no way was I paying 350 quid :Eeek:--very happy with free trail :thumb:and a very unhappy man at currys trying to refuse to give my money back -sorry sir only 14 days etc etc then the manageress turned up and remembered me from initial purchase :thumb: asked how I had got on and told him to give me my refund :thumb: wonder how many Dyson cordless get returned ? She said it simply goes back to Dyson marked as faulty :Smile:
terry

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I don't understand why people pay so much for a Dyson either! You may get good guarantees etc with them but in effect you are paying for it in advance and 'loaning the company the money' by paying so much in the first place!

We've got a brilliant Vax U90-MA-R upright vacuum which does a cracking job - it's the lightest upright there is but is as good as a much larger sized one, being light it is a doddle to use and picks up the dirt and dog hairs without a problem. Oh, ours came with a 6 year guarantee too!!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003MPA5GY/?tag=mhf04-21

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

moonman

Free Member
Mar 3, 2014
wirral
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2003
We recently wanted to replace an old Dyson and shopped around for a new Dyson but couldn't find one at a discount or on offer so went with a vax.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
I wouldn't but one if they were £3.50.He laid off 800 british workers and moved his factory to Malasia,obviously didn't think he was rich enough so needed to squeeze a bit more profit out of them.
:Angry:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I think they are a great product... Best vacuum we've ever had in fact... But.. Much as I would love one of those digital ones.. Not paying that money

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I have had two Dysons, why I will never know :Doh: I now have the Henrys one upstairs and the other down stairs, best cleaners we have had, easy to empty, no nook and crannies to get covered in dust, can clean the whole of the downstairs from just the one plug as the lead and hose is very long. so quicker and easier, each to their own, what suits one doesn`t suit another.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I can not really knock DYSONS I have had them from when they first came out --My newest is a DC 33 (on offer at 200£) but I also bought a Panasonic (6 yr gtee) for the princely sum of 68 quid delivered -- it beats the Dyson on suction hands down :thumb: and matches it in every other way apart from about 1 mtr short on the cable :Smile:The Dyson looks and feels very flimsy but as yet not had to claim on the 5 yr gtee -- now the Panasonic is/looks heavy and just gives the feeling that it will not need the gtee :thumb:
The digital Dyson is a very good easy to use product and if it where half price then I may consider it but with only a two yrs gtee I just know it's going to need a new battery at just over 2 yrs ::bigsmile: at 85 quid a pop :Doh:Just glad I got to try one out and give it a good test :thumb:It's simply just too short on gtee and too much money ::bigsmile:Very handy in the van :thumb: then again I have a small good corded one in the van plus a good- cordless- brush :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I wouldn't but one if they were £3.50.He laid off 800 british workers and moved his factory to Malasia,obviously didn't think he was rich enough so needed to squeeze a bit more profit out of them.

I so agree, we would not buy one either.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I can not really knock DYSONS I have had them from when they first came out --My newest is a DC 33 (on offer at 200£) but I also bought a Panasonic (6 yr gtee) for the princely sum of 68 quid delivered -- it beats the Dyson on suction hands down :thumb: and matches it in every other way apart from about 1 mtr short on the cable :Smile:The Dyson looks and feels very flimsy but as yet not had to claim on the 5 yr gtee -- now the Panasonic is/looks heavy and just gives the feeling that it will not need the gtee :thumb:
The digital Dyson is a very good easy to use product and if it where half price then I may consider it but with only a two yrs gtee I just know it's going to need a new battery at just over 2 yrs ::bigsmile: at 85 quid a pop :Doh:Just glad I got to try one out and give it a good test :thumb:It's simply just too short on gtee and too much money ::bigsmile:Very handy in the van :thumb: then again I have a small good corded one in the van plus [HI]a good- cordless- brush[/HI] :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

I got one of them.......but no instructions:winky:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years

In a way I agree with you but you have to also consider that NO British firm or the government offered him any backing whatsoever when he first designed them so he had to get investment from overseas, so in effect he first got the investment and had them built overseas and later brought manufacturing / assembly to the UK, if things got hard you cannot blame him for having some loyalty to those who backed him in the first place. Seems to be the same old story total lack of British investment into British companies, yet moan like hell when the work is given to someone else,

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
In a way I agree with you but you have to also consider that NO British firm or the government offered him any backing whatsoever when he first designed them so he had to get investment from overseas, so in effect he first got the investment and had them built overseas and later brought manufacturing / assembly to the UK, if things got hard you cannot blame him for having some loyalty to those who backed him in the first place. Seems to be the same old story total lack of British investment into British companies, yet moan like hell when the work is given to someone else,

Sorry but that doesn't add up in my book ... now if they were built in the UK and still at the HIGH price then I can see the reason to some extent, but not when he can build them so much cheaper abroad but his prices remain HIGH. On a personal note I cannot stand him on his own adverts ... he comes across as soooooooo condescending ... probably isn't but that's just how he appears to me!

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Brother bought a Dyson ball vacuum, after 3 new motors all supplied under guarantee he gave up and bought a Panasonic.

Ian

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Well my 30 day trial of the new DYSON cordless vac is up :Smile: Great bit of kit that really impressed me :thumb: BUT it ain't and never will be £350 worth. The nice man mr Dyson told Curry's to sell the vacs with a no quibble Gtee stating you can use it for 30 days and if you don't like it for any reason get your money back :thumb:
I had been fancying one for ages but no way was I paying 350 quid :Eeek:--very happy with free trail :thumb:and a very unhappy man at currys trying to refuse to give my money back -sorry sir only 14 days etc etc then the manageress turned up and remembered me from initial purchase :thumb: asked how I had got on and told him to give me my refund :thumb: wonder how many Dyson cordless get returned ? She said it simply goes back to Dyson marked as faulty :Smile:
terry

You should have a look on QVC's website.......there's lots of Dyson and loads of other things on there. We bought a Miele vacuum from them recently, it was cheaper with QVC than other places we looked at. You can use anything on there for up to 30 days and get a full refund if you're not happy.
You can even buy bed linen and shoes and return it within the 30 days for a full refund.....yes, even after using and wearing items. Where else can you buy bed linen from, use it and get a fully money-back guarantee if you're not entirely happy with it?
The same goes for computers, laptops etc........in fact, if the item weighs more than 4 Kg it will be collected from you at no charge. We bought our laptop (Lenovo) from QVC with the knowledge that we could return it within 30 days for a full refund if we weren't happy.

I am a QVC-aholic now.....:thumb:

Margaret

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

Bet the Malaysians were glad of the jobs...

They are people too...

My Dyson cordless is like brand new after 6 years...

I guess it is because it doesn't get used that much!

JJ :Cool:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
When my Aunt died a couple of years ago she had a Gtech rechargeable floor sweeper which was almost brand new. As my brother didn't want it we brought it home thinking it wouldn't be much good for the house but might be OK for the van. We ended up giving it to Jill's Dad as his Hoover is a bit heavy for him and he doesn't have a lot to do being on his own.

However, [STRIKE]we have[/STRIKE] Jill has been very impressed with how good it was, much better than we expected. So much so, in fact that [STRIKE]we[/STRIKE] Jill decided we should have one so we bought Broken Link Removed this morning. I, too, am now very impressed with it ::bigsmile:

norfolkenchants

Free Member
Oct 7, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
I totally agree Dysons are a rip off. Much better is the British GTech. We have an upright version for home and just bought the handheld version for the van at just £149. Much better value and works brilliantly.
http://www.gtechonline.co.uk/cordle...-vacuum.html?gclid=CO6r7f7ahb0CFQoYwwod4h8Avg

When my Aunt died a couple of years ago she had a Gtech rechargeable floor sweeper which was almost brand new. As my brother didn't want it we brought it home thinking it wouldn't be much good for the house but might be OK for the van. We ended up giving it to Jill's Dad as his Hoover is a bit heavy for him and he doesn't have a lot to do being on his own.

However, [STRIKE]we have[/STRIKE] Jill has been very impressed with how good it was, much better than we expected. So much so, in fact that [STRIKE]we[/STRIKE] Jill decided we should have one so we bought Broken Link Removed this morning. I, too, am now very impressed with it ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back