LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Yesterday I went to look at a 2007--72,000 mile lwb hi roof Tranny that someone has started to convert and packed it in ::bigsmile: --It's going into body shop next week for a couple of marks redone making the outside very tidy -then 12 mths mot put on all ready for me to pick up a week on Friday It's a crew cab with twin front windows --everything the guy who started it is coming out :thumb: Good thing is he's put 3/4 of a ceiling up and fastened a load of 3 x 2 to the floor before covering it in MDF :Doh:--4ins off floor height and around 3 ins from roof :Doh: made a tranny that you could have stood up in into a van that I could not ::bigsmile:
Anyway the search has started for the inside stuff / fridge etc etc and a lot of boards -bought a loo and shower cubicle sink and cooker top yesterday and a few other bits :thumb:
Will be paying O'leary's and Magnums a visit next week :thumb:
terry

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Good luck Terry enjoy yourself:thumb:
I know what satisfaction David got from doing his self build.
Hours and hours of work but sheer pride when it was finished.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Picked up a few things from O'leary's today(£1500) to go with the things I got on Monday so gathering it all ready for the vans arrival a week on Friday
terry

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Yesterday I went to look at a 2007--72,000 mile lwb hi roof Tranny that someone has started to convert and packed it in ::bigsmile: --It's going into body shop next week for a couple of marks redone making the outside very tidy -then 12 mths mot put on all ready for me to pick up a week on Friday It's a crew cab with twin front windows --everything the guy who started it is coming out :thumb: Good thing is he's put 3/4 of a ceiling up and fastened a load of 3 x 2 to the floor before covering it in MDF :Doh:--4ins off floor height and around 3 ins from roof :Doh: [HI]made a tranny that you could have stood up in into a van that I could not ::bigsmile:[/HI]
Anyway the search has started for the inside stuff / fridge etc etc and a lot of boards -bought a loo and shower cubicle sink and cooker top yesterday and a few other bits :thumb:
terry

After the USB drive saga it looks like you make a habit of buying something that's supposed to have more space than it really does Terry :roflmto::roflmto:

Hope the project goes well :Smile:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
After the USB drive saga it looks like you make a habit of buying something that's supposed to have more space than it really does Terry :roflmto::roflmto:

Hope the project goes well :Smile:

Now now Graham I know the tranny has the headroom :Smile:It's just the idiot that started it :Doh:No big hardship to take it all out :thumb: then I will have a lot of 3 x 2 etc to play with ::bigsmile:
terry

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Get stuck into it Terry, you need to complete the conversion, re register it and sell it on before it dissolves::bigsmile:, well it is a FORD (Found Outside Rapidly Dissolving):ROFLMAO:.

D.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Yesterday I went to look at a 2007--72,000 mile lwb hi roof Tranny that someone has started to convert and packed it in ::bigsmile: --It's going into body shop next week for a couple of marks redone making the outside very tidy -then 12 mths mot put on all ready for me to pick up a week on Friday It's a crew cab with twin front windows --everything the guy who started it is coming out :thumb: Good thing is he's put 3/4 of a ceiling up and fastened a load of 3 x 2 to the floor before covering it in MDF :Doh:--4ins off floor height and around 3 ins from roof :Doh: [HI]made a tranny that you could have stood up[/HI] in into a van that I could not ::bigsmile:
terry
but of course we know most trannies like bending over :Eeek: not that i know anything about such things having lived a very sheltered life..... bus shelters and workshops actually :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Get stuck into it Terry, you need to complete the conversion, re register it and sell it on before it dissolves::bigsmile:, well it is a FORD (Found Outside Rapidly Dissolving):ROFLMAO:.

D.
Not my first choice of van Dave (prob one of the last :winky:) but it presented itself at the right money and dent free with a couple of scratches repainted thrown in -- very hard to find a straight van at reasonable cost :cry:::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Was informed last night that I won't be getting my van until late next week :Sad:--already had a warning call on Tuesday - It's been for a pre MOT upon which they found it needed a rear oil crank seal -nothing to do with MOT but they are doing it for me (gearbox off) and now it's sat outside the paint place waiting it's turn :Smile:-hopefully Monday start -then it's back for the MOT proper :thumb:He said he could have done the MOT but wants me to get it with full yrs test so will test it and deliver the same day :thumb:
It needs to come soon as I am running out of room to store things --cannot see my Pool table I just know it's under the pile of stuff :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Please keep us updated on your progress Terry... and photos would be great!

When you are ready contact me and I will give it a damp test as some very kind person provided us with the necessary equipment... :thumb:

JJ :Cool:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Please keep us updated on your progress Terry... and photos would be great!

When you are ready contact me and I will give it a damp test as some very kind person provided us with the necessary equipment... :thumb:

JJ :Cool:

Hoping to get rid of it before it needs a damp test ::bigsmile: besides I kept a couple of testers back just in case :winky:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Here you go JJ a few pics to be going on with

Attachments

• P1020861.jpg
    P1020861.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 60
  • P1020862.jpg
    P1020862.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 53
  • P1020863.jpg
    P1020863.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 53
  • P1020864.jpg
    P1020864.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
more --Some things may get into the van others may not BTW I actually paid for the SOG unit against all my instincts (made my own for free:winky:) the pricey sum of £5 :thumb:::bigsmile:
terry

Attachments

• P1020865.jpg
    P1020865.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 40
  • P1020866.jpg
    P1020866.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 41
  • P1020867.jpg
    P1020867.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 42
  • P1020868.jpg
    P1020868.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 40

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Heck Terry get all that into a trannie and you will have to get it up-rated to 5000 Kg

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I got a little carried away on the boards side of things -- they where cheap - £25 double sided light oak 12mm -from John at Durham caravans and £15 each for 3mm wall and ceiling boards -lot's in stock to choose from :thumb:
Broken Link Removed
everywhere else wanted 20 / 22 for the 3mm and cheapest I could find was £45 for the 12 mm -- After I bought the boards I got a call from Knolbeck saying they have reduced their boards to 20 quid but they are block-board not ply :winky: besides I ordered a cooker top/sink top/ shower cubicle /loo last week did not want paying or deposit but would save them for me :thumb: went to get them and he had sold the lot :Eeek::Angry: so he can stick his boards where the sun don't shine -- I will use them when it is for my benefit
terry

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Terry, is that a roll of fabric on top? Looks like really good upholstery material, where did you get that?

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
OMG Terry:ROFLMAO:
are you starting up in competition with Oleary's that is quite a few boards you have:Eeek:

as JJ said keep the pictures coming as we are all following this project with great interest
have fun:thumb:

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Here you go JJ a few pics to be going on with

Reminds me of when David did his conversion.I didn't see my dining room table for 3 months I had the whole of the inside of a brand new caravan in my dining room. He found a brand new caravan that had been driven into in the dealers yard brought it home and stripped it out on the drive before taking it back as they wanted the alko chassis for a trailer.:Smile:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Terry, is that a roll of fabric on top? Looks like really good upholstery material, where did you get that?

Yes it is really good stuff :thumb::thumb: Got it off John and Gillian at Durham :thumb::thumb: they have quite a few fabrics in -all good stuff -- lots of gold sunken spot lights ::bigsmile:
Just ordered a couple of Hides to trim edges in -- Julie is going to cover the front seats (that's one in the pics) that are going in as soon as the hides arrive -got a pale blue to match a bit of the fabric
terry

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
terry looks like you have very thing to get on with it and more in the garage good luck with the new project
and a big thanks' for you help last week
we will pop over soon to se how the vans coming on
bill

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
OMG Terry:ROFLMAO:
are you starting up in competition with Oleary's that is quite a few boards you have:Eeek:

as JJ said keep the pictures coming as we are all following this project with great interest
have fun:thumb:

::bigsmile: Not even 00000.1 % of O'leary's stock :Eeek:wait until you go down to the farm and the barns elsewhere :winky:GOOD thing now is if you mention Magnums you will get things cheaper or told to go there then depending what mood Mick's in ::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Just done a deal for ten full hides :thumb::thumb::Eeek: only wanted one or two :Doh:::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Update one chair (2 fronts)has gone across the rd to Julies and is now striped down and patterns made ready for sewing :thumb:She has made the decision that the seating going to be all leather in a rather nice aqua green GOT LOTS OF LEATHER ::bigsmile: Been to see how the vans coming along and it gets painted tomorrow :thumb: then shipped back for the new MOT - not sure if the crank seals been done yet or not -prob do it while it's up on lift after mot so it's looking more likely I may get the van Tuesday ish -- while I was at the garage I got collared to do a favor job of hanging a door :Doh: so got to take a few tools in the morning and do that -Serves me right for checking up on the progress :Smile:While I am there I am going to rip the roof down and pull the floor up -at least I get to start on it- ::bigsmile:I had a good look round the van and it looks like it needs more rockwool insulation stuffing into all the crevices than the Kingspan -- It's a good bit narrower and about a foot shorter than I thought so a change in layout may be called for :Eeek:::bigsmile:
terry

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back