12x12 (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Try the local scouts if its just for a loan. If it is for permanent use maybe the Masons,or I would suggest you contact either the local Lions or Round Table who would be willing to buy one for your group.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Try the local scouts if its just for a loan. If it is for permanent use maybe the Masons,or I would suggest you contact either the local Lions or Round Table who would be willing to buy one for your group.
thank you we are getting some funding Frome them with there being almost 28000 members you would think that some of them would have connections well it was a 28000 to 1 shoot didn't think I would get much response thanks for posting

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Bill, I don't know about all councils but ours has a fund called Early Help, it used to be called PAYP which stood for Positive activities for young people. Your project is just the sort of thing that would be suitable. As long as you are totally inclusive and have all the CRB checks ( or whatever it's called now) you could apply for a grant.

Worth a try anyway. Don't expect they front line customer services staff to know about it, ask for their Youth or safe guarding officer.

In fact tell me who your district and county council are and I'll look it up for you?

I've just applied for a hefty sum for a project I plan to start in April, taking youngsters from troubled families to try different sporting activities during the school holidays.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Bill, I don't know about all councils but ours has a fund called Early Help, it used to be called PAYP which stood for Positive activities for young people. Your project is just the sort of thing that would be suitable. As long as you are totally inclusive and have all the CRB checks ( or whatever it's called now) you could apply for a grant.

Worth a try anyway. Don't expect they front line customer services staff to know about it, ask for their Youth or safe guarding officer.

In fact tell me who your district and county council are and I'll look it up for you?

I've just applied for a hefty sum for a project I plan to start in April, taking youngsters from troubled families to try different sporting activities during the school holidays.
we are working with east riding

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
we are working with east riding

Ok, they have a grant called PAG - Postive Activites Grant but you have just missed the deadline, which was the 14th Feb. It might still be worth contacting them as our council release the money in stages and there is a 2nd chance to apply in the summer. Admittedly the timeline doesn't say there is a 2nd wave, but then council websites always need updating.
http://www2.eastriding.gov.uk/council/grants-and-funding/positive-activities-grant/

Then next one is a Sport, Play and Arts grant with a Extended Oppotunities grant with in it. Again you have missed the latest application but this one definitely has more than one application round, although the fact sheet on the website is out of date, so again another phone call.
http://www2.eastriding.gov.uk/Easys...setID=176231&type=full&servicetype=Attachment

Your own town council has nothing. Who do you pay your council tax too?

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
we didn't miss the decline they are prats they were to slow in processing the information application almost six months work down the drain we are not short of funding applications but from time to time some one may have something laying around they don't want that was the point of the post if some one donates then that's as good as money in the bank for the kids
its a few hundred staying in the unit funds
bill

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
il buy this for you if its what you need,,

Broken Link Removed

il chip in the first £25.OO TOWARDS THIS ,,,, ITS £150 IM ASSUMING ITS A BARGAIN,

Last edited:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Arr, so you knew about that fund. Sorry to hear you didn't get any money from them. I know from bitter experience what a nightmare the forms are. It's taken me two days doing virtually nothing else to do the one I have just submitted.

Good luck I hope someone has a suitable tent tucked away somewhere.

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
is for a young cadet group or a scout group like disabled scouts or similer???

is it a charity or somthing like that

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
Bargain come on im sure we can club get this,

Broken Link Removed

IM IN £25.00,, :Cool:

FORGET IT I JUST SAW ITS THE LINER ONLY,, ,, HOWEVER I SHALL KEEP ON THE SEARCH,,

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
is it a charity or somthing like that
yes I run a independent cadet group shelf funding taking kids off the streets hoping to urn then round and this e have done in the last year
ts zulu face book

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Was just about to post, it's the liner for winter use. Fantastic idea though. :thumb:
I was just hoping that some one had a tent laying around ther being a lot of ex military on her or someone still with connections its a lovely thought someone offering £25 please don't fell offended but there are far more worthy cases than ts Zulu we run on a shoe string we beg and borrow
we have taken some kids and turned them round.
and had a grate time doing it we will find one I am a patient man meantime we have the bashers and two caravans thanks:thumb:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Something like this Bill?

$(KGrHqR,!h!FBk,oy2NcBQlQf9ZqYQ~~60_12.JPG

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Arr, so you knew about that fund. Sorry to hear you didn't get any money from them. I know from bitter experience what a nightmare the forms are. It's taken me two days doing virtually nothing else to do the one I have just submitted.

Good luck I hope someone has a suitable tent tucked away somewhere.
we have a secretary that is no working very hard it takes the pressure off me a bit she has so many ideas but they all take time

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
would a big massive tent help you out or does it have to be an army one??

would this do the job???
Broken Link Removed

Jul 15, 2009
Bridgend south wales
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Perhaps you could approach any local military units in your area and see if they could donate a 12x12 to your unit,just a thought

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Perhaps you could approach any local military units in your area and see if they could donate a 12x12 to your unit,just a thought
Or Territorial Army.
May I also suggest your local Voluntary service council who have fund raising adviser. There should be a community foundation for your area,who could help.
And finally because of the valuable work you are doing,in place of what the statutory agencies should be doing,many grants should leap out at you.
Another place to consider is The Morgan Foundation http://www.morganfoundation.co.uk/
I am a trustee of a similar youth project and the Foundation has been very helpful.

Good Luck

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back