hieght barriers now at cromer (1 Viewer)

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi I used to love to park on the cliff tops at the cromer cardigan car park
but now the council has seen fit to penalise motorhomers by putting a height barrier up :Doh: although at busy periods when a volantary warden is on duty he lets you in ! talking to a warden he said it was due to a few unwanted guests trying it on :Sad:such a shame there not a real arternative to this car park on the cardigan road the coach park near morrisons nor really big enough for touring motorhomes i intend to contact the council for a response :RollEyes:

ray

Last edited:
W

Wilbury

Deleted User
but now the council has seen fit to penalise motorhomers by putting a height barrier up :Doh: although at busy periods when a volantary warden is on duty he lets you in ! talking to a warden he said it was due to a few unwanted guests trying it on :Sad:such a shame there not a real arternative to this car park on the cardigan road the coach park near morrisons nor really big enough for touring motorhomes i intend to contact the council for a response :RollEyes:

ray
Hi saruman,
What happens if the warden goes home, with motorhomes inside, and presumably
locks the barrier down?
Wilbury

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Adria 5

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
Hi saruman,
What happens if the warden goes home, with motorhomes inside, and presumably
locks the barrier down?
Wilbury

hi he lets them throw another entrance he does not remove the height barriers :winky: also he talks to the motorhome owners to let them know!! when he lets them in! its a pity they are there!!!! surly it would be better to have barriers that come down at dusk and lift at dawn which are clearly signed with warnings thats!!!if they have a problem!:Smile: with you know who:winky:

ray

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?

ray

There's too many of these barriers going up at all the scenic places.:Angry:

I am interested in their response Ray.I guess it's to stop people overnighting ....or more!!.Crazy country we live in.:Doh:

Apr 30, 2008
South Beds
Funster No
Exp
27yrs ish
hi he lets them throw another entrance he does not remove the height barriers :winky: also he talks to the motorhome owners to let them know!! when he lets them in! its a pity they are there!!!! surly it would be better to have barriers that come down at dusk and lift at dawn which are clearly signed with warnings thats!!!if they have a problem!:Smile: with you know who:winky:

ray
Last summer when we were in Cromer there there were many of the "you know who" parked with the usual mess. I am not surprissed that there are now height barriers. This is happening all over the country as a result.-- Even Ferry Meadows in Peterborough now has them.- So no access for us, apart from the CC Site.
It's a great shame for the responsible peoples who loose out.

OP
OP
Adria 5

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
Last summer when we were in Cromer there there were many of the "you know who" parked with the usual mess. I am not surprissed that there are now height barriers. This is happening all over the country as a result.-- Even Ferry Meadows in Peterborough now has them.- So no access for us, apart from the CC Site.
It's a great shame for the responsible peoples who loose out.
:Angry:

hi totally agree !! this was my point to the council they are making policy because a few lawless when the carpark is used daily by motorhomers majority:Sad: its the minority making policy again over the law abiding motorhomers clearly no one on the council has a motorhome or doesnt know what touring really is:Sad:
i await there reply :RollEyes:

RAY

OP
OP
Adria 5

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi UPDATE! just got a written reply from cromer council saying the item was discussed at a recent meeting the height barriers will be removed :Smile: once when gypsy/ travellers site is in place c/o town clark

RAY

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
hi UPDATE! just got a written reply from cromer council saying the item was discussed at a recent meeting the height barriers will be removed :Smile: once when gypsy/ travellers site is in place c/o town clark

RAY
Well done Ray. Just shows what taking a positive approach can result in.

Graham

Apr 30, 2008
South Beds
Funster No
Exp
27yrs ish

RAY

Yes, well done Ray. Did they give any indication as to when travellers site would be up and running? How many months; or is it Years?
Am in Cromer for a few days 1st sept onwards. (to see the brilliant End of Pier show) Will try and chat to an attendant and perhaps get the true picture and post result.

OP
OP
Adria 5

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
Yes, well done Ray. Did they give any indication as to when travellers site would be up and running? How many months; or is it Years?
Am in Cromer for a few days 1st sept onwards. (to see the brilliant End of Pier show) Will try and chat to an attendant and perhaps get the true picture and post result.

no details i am afraid but i looks like theres a motorhomer on the council::bigsmile:
where you staying in cromer recomend seacroft cc site:thumb:

ray

Apr 30, 2008
South Beds
Funster No
Exp
27yrs ish
no details i am afraid but i looks like theres a motorhomer on the council::bigsmile:
where you staying in cromer recomend seacroft cc site:thumb:

ray
Yes Seacroft cc Stayed there last year. Walking distance of Pier Understand site has been improved?

Apr 30, 2008
South Beds
Funster No
Exp
27yrs ish
Cromer height barriers.-- Access.

Have just been at Seacroft cc site Cromer (which will now convert a further 40 pitches to Level and hard standing.) It needs to.
Chatted to the Attendant at the Cliff top carpark. He is willing to unlock the entrance for motorcaravans for day use. His name is John Bumphy and he lives in the house opposite --no 59. He wears a reflective jacket and name badge and is authorised by the Council; but is unpaid.! There's public duty for you.!!
So if you go there have a chat with him. Tell him what a good bloke he is.
If he's not at the entrance area; go and bang on his front door and he will pop over the road to let you in and out.
Happy hunting.

The Kar-Mann

Free Member
Jan 23, 2008
in a wood
Funster No
Exp
3 years

ray

I am a blue badge holder (genuine ) and my motorhome is my transport I wonder if they are breaching the disabilities rights act regarding access to public places?
Any solicitors out there.
Andy

sandyketton

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
South West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Eight years but ten years tugging in an earlier life
I am a blue badge holder (genuine ) and my motorhome is my transport I wonder if they are breaching the disabilities rights act regarding access to public places?

Thats an interesting point you make Andy. Please keep us informed on any info you get.
Thanks
Sandy

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Any solicitors out there.
Andy

I'm not a solicitor but undertook an in-depth analysis of the Disability Discrimination Act (and other equality acts) a few years ago whilst still working.

Assuming your motorhome is your only transport by choice, rather than being dictated by your disability, I should think you would find it very difficult to prove that any height restriction at any car park would breach the DDA.

Graham

OP
OP
Adria 5

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
Have just been at Seacroft cc site Cromer (which will now convert a further 40 pitches to Level and hard standing.) It needs to.

Hope they make them more level than those they did last year.:Doh:

David

cheapshot:roflmto: iff you had it 100% level you step out after it rained you need wellies
i find a this a great site yes you need level blocks on some pitches whats new
:winky::Smile:

ray

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
This type of panic action was bound to happen now that so many people are parking, often indiscriminately, over night.

People often refer to wild camping but parking overnight in what is a seaside residential area is hardly wild camping. In general we only have ourselves to blame.

Though I deplore this type of action I can understand the desire to keep beautiful seaside/ residential areas free from the "camp-anywhere -I -like brigade".

Why do some motorhomers in particular believe that they have the right to doss anywhere they like whatever the consequences to other people?

Wild camping in areas that will not affect others is understandable and should be defended but camping in what are effectively built-up areas should be a definite no-no.

In France it is often far worse. There is a beautiful area in the Auvergne around Lac Chambon. One night last year, so the authorities have reported, there were over 150 motorhomes, mostly French, parking wild close to the lake. The area is losing its feeling of beauty and tranquility.

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
cheapshot:roflmto: iff you had it 100% level you step out after it rained you need wellies
i find a this a great site yes you need level blocks on some pitches whats new
:winky::Smile:

ray

Ray,

Give you Full marks for that:Doh: . I was more concerned that I was on the top of my ramps at the front of the van and was nowhere near level:RollEyes::RollEyes:
Also couldn't understand how my waste water was going to run up hill to the drain:Eeek: Now if I was on the Electric Brae near Ayr ...........................:ROFLMAO:

David

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back