Insurance (1 Viewer)

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Morning guys it's that time of year again renewal time for the insurance any suggestion who's doing the better deals at the min I am with ic insurance thanks guys

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Just queried imminent renewal with Comfort. Advised MH now secure site rather than drive as about to move and no parking for MH.
The young lady (Lauren Bones, I know they read this forum!) re-adjusted the quote which was ready to be sent this week. NOW LOWER!
Mentioned Solar Panel now fitted, far from fuss, included it in valuation.
So MH insurance now lower at around £290 which includes European breakdown cover as well. MH weighs in over 3500kg.
Saga were too dear, treated Solar panel as un-acceptable as not part of their modificatiion list:Eeek:.
Sent me letter saying they were unable to help. Obviously can do without my money.
Some firms can save me £200 on my car insurance they say, I rang some and asked how ? as I have just paid £159 again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Morning guys it's that time of year again renewal time for the insurance any suggestion who's doing the better deals at the min I am with ic insurance thanks guys

This year with Camping and Caravan Club as they were cheapest for Continental 90 day+ cover.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think it differs so much it is hard to say one company is better then another. I was recommended company X as cheapest - but it wasn't for me, had to go with company Y. Your postcode, medical issues, claims history and the colour of socks being worn all play a significant part I think.

You can but ring round the companies suggested, but of course beware the quote which seems too good to be true.

Last edited:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I concur with Mr BeeKeeper - it depends whether you want all singing & dancing or bog standard basic.

I just renewed with Saga for £95, fully comp & NCD protected. I don't do foreign and have AA cover separately.

Incidentally I've also just insured my old Skoda with Saga and that was £118 including business use.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back