We're can I buy a new mattress for my motorhome (1 Viewer)

octopush

Free Member
Sep 28, 2012
portsmouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2days
Hi all
we are looking for a new good quality thick mattress for are motorhome.

Anyone recommend we're we could get one.

Thanks
R/J

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We use this com: http://www.efoam.co.uk/ The staff were very helpful and the delivery was as scheduled. We chose one of the reflex foam options but they will advise you according to you needs - I was pleased that they did not try to over sell me their products - I even suggested that I might consider the more expensive option and they advised me that I would meet my needs by buying the cheaper option; I would be happy to use them again.

The only recommendation that was a bit optimistic was the time that it took for the foam smell disappear - they suggested that it would go in a few days or a week. I had to keep our new mattress in our conservatory for 2 months before the smell went - we would not have been able to sleep on it while it was still releasing the smell. The smell may go faster if the mattress is kept in a MH during the warmer months but don't plan on using it as soon as it arrives.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Not sure if they are still trading but there was a place on the A 27 at Chichester that advertised custom mattresses for motorhomes and boats. It was just before the Stockbridge roundabout when travelling east, next to the garage and car sales.

www.bedandmattress.co.uk

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
these people can manufacture custom size sprung mattresses
Broken Link Removed

was searching for a company i used before on ebay but cant recall the name but these people advertise a bespoke service. great as you can choose firmness and quality. no reason why a caravan or motorhome bed should be less comfortable than your bed at home

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
I spent ages trying to decide on what mattress to go with. In the end I went with Ace Foam ( http://www.acefoam.co.uk/ ) as they were getting really great recommendations on another forum.

I ordered a 4" thick foam, with the top 1" made in memory foam, and couldn't be happier. It's comfier than my bed at home.

OP
OP
octopush

octopush

Free Member
Sep 28, 2012
portsmouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2days
Hi
From Tuesday i am now a proud oner of a autocruise starblazer G.

I must update my profile now'

Rob

Sep 30, 2012
Frampton, West Dorset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We bought a silentnight memory foam one from Amazon for about £150. Trimmed it with bread knife (our bed is a non standard size) and it's sooo comfy ::bigsmile:

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
I spent ages trying to decide on what mattress to go with. In the end I went with Ace Foam ( http://www.acefoam.co.uk/ ) as they were getting really great recommendations on another forum.

I ordered a 4" thick foam, with the top 1" made in memory foam, and couldn't be happier. It's comfier than my bed at home.

In a previous existence I was an upholsterer.
I and many of my professional colleagues used Ace Foam. They are very knowledgeable and you can rely on their advice. When I moved to the North East they were still able to deliver very quickly.
Quick rule of thumb, ensure that, if your mattress is also a seat, you don't "sit through" the foam. In other words stipulate that the density is suitable for sitting on as well as sleeping on.
Thickness is not so important as density.
Ask them to supply with a Dacron wrap. This will help you to insert the foam into the cover as well as reducing the friction between the foam and the fabric, when in use. Thus ensuring that the foam does not wear out the fabric from the inside. Believe me, foam can be extremely abrasive!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We both hate any and all foam types,,

Just went to the local carpet and bed superstore and bought box spring mattresses !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back