Greenacres

Free Member
Jan 10, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van t620
Exp
13 years since retirement and many younger years as a Hippy in a VW conversion, roaming the Greek Is
Has anyone found a Halogen oven which they would recommend please?
Remoska seem very expensive.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
there's some info on halogen ovens on the following threads which might be of interest, especially the last one where I give info on what sizes are available:

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

As for the remoska - they are extortionate! Tefal do their own version called a 'roast and bake' for a lot less, some new ones on Ebay:

Broken Link Removed

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the difference between the Ramoska and the Tefal.............

Ramoska are made and tested individually by hand, the Tefal will be thrown together by an automated process.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Nothing wrong with the Tefal - nicely made & works well & much cheaper than Remoska.

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
We recently got this one
very happy with it and comes with most of the accessories you will need but are extra's on a lot of different makes, but would also recommend getting the air fryer attachment to complete the kit

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i agree with fulltimer the andrew james is a great piece of kit we have used ours for nearly everything and does great roast spuds also this 1 has a spare element from what i have been told some of the others you cant change the light so once thats gone so's the oven

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
We have a Halogen oven, cost £30 from a show.

It is the best thing we have bought, it is not only used for everything from toast to sunday joint, pizza to scones and cakes. You can cook yorkshire puddings and watch them rise!

Since we bought it our oven at home is redundant, and as we dont have an oven in the motorhome it is invaluable.

Our friend has the Remoska and the results are the same as ours, but at a fraction of the cost.

pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
i bought on e from b&m for £34.99.its an 11 litre making up to a 17 litre using the ring.its brilliant.we got it for the mh as we dont have an oven but i use it at home istead of putting my oven on.they are more economical apparently.they dont cook that much faster really but i cannot tell any difference between oven n this.roast potatoes are wonderful in there!

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
i bought on e from b&m for £34.99.its an 11 litre making up to a 17 litre using the ring.its brilliant.we got it for the mh as we dont have an oven but i use it at home istead of putting my oven on.they are more economical apparently.they dont cook that much faster really but i cannot tell any difference between oven n this.roast potatoes are wonderful in there!

Thanks just been to BM and they have 2 models for sale £34.99 and £39.99 on closer inspection neither came with a lid stand (if this does not matter then they are a good buy) so we went to Argos next door and bought from them, sadly though slightly dearer.

Norman

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Veggie help

I have toyed with buying a halogen oven over the past couple of months. However every review seems to stress how great roasts with accompanying veggies are. Unfortunately, I'm a vegetarian ! :Doh:

Can anyone tell me what benefit I could get from a halogen oven? Presumably baked potatoes would work ok, but what else?

maryanne

Free Member
Jun 20, 2011
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004
Remoska v halogen v Tefal

Hey guys, I maybe old fashioned but what's wrong with a pan on the gas? I can cook roasties, meat, veggies etc without the need of expensive modern contraptions! They only work on hook up anyway!

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
I have toyed with buying a halogen oven over the past couple of months. However every review seems to stress how great roasts with accompanying veggies are. Unfortunately, I'm a vegetarian ! :Doh:

Can anyone tell me what benefit I could get from a halogen oven? Presumably baked potatoes would work ok, but what else?
Have a look at this book on Amazon: -
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Halogen-Oven-Vegetarian-Cookbook/dp/1494372444/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393865975&sr=8-1&keywords=halogen+vegetarian
You can look inside the book before you buy and it gives an index of the recipes - lots to choose from e.g. Vegetable Lasagne, Vegetable Curry, Veggie Burger, Light Vegetable Pizza. Have I whetted your appetite?

P.S. It's much cheaper to buy the Kindle version.

pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
Thanks just been to BM and they have 2 models for sale £34.99 and £39.99 on closer inspection neither came with a lid stand (if this does not matter then they are a good buy) so we went to Argos next door and bought from them, sadly though slightly dearer.

Norman

yes they are the ones.dont worry about the lid stand as when you lift up the handle to remove the lid the oven automatically cuts off.ive had no probs by putting it down on the glass worksaver.although the stands can be purchased on ebay if you really want one

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back