Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
not MH related (unless you like bigger TV's in the van),
we need to replace our rather old steam driven home TV.

Any makes we should avoid? we haven't bought a TV for 20+ years so not really in the know on modern technology (saying that, the one we got is colour ... just)

Will be moving up to a huge 32" hopefully with built in freeview, no sat etc

Cheers
2dogs

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
personally i like our samsung tvs. got a 42 downstairs and 32 in bedroom. with flatscreens a very important factor is the contrast. really makes a big difference and the cheap makes dont get near to the picture quality or viewing angles

OP
OP
2dogs

2dogs

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
32:Eeek: that's a big bedroom ::bigsmile:

I looked at a Samsung and Panasonic together the other day, the Samsung did seem to have better picture quality.

Thanks Bigone

Cheers
2dogs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
I'm a Panasonic fan. Never had any problems with any tvs or recorders, you will find cheaper makes but you get what you pay for. :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
not MH related (unless you like bigger TV's in the van),
we need to replace our rather old steam driven home TV.

Any makes we should avoid? we haven't bought a TV for 20+ years so not really in the know on modern technology (saying that, the one we got is colour ... just)

Will be moving up to [HI]a huge 32"[/HI] hopefully with built in freeview, no sat etc

Cheers
2dogs

2dogs;951825[HI said:
]32:Eeek: that's a big bedroom[/HI] ::bigsmile:

I looked at a Samsung and Panasonic together the other day, the Samsung did seem to have better picture quality.

Thanks Bigone

Cheers
2dogs

oh dear...you really are behind the times :winky: :ROFLMAO:

We have a 32" in the kithen, a 42" in the bedroom and a miserly 50" in the lounge.

No need to hope for freeview included....you wont find any tv's without freeview today.
Many now incorporate a free-to-air/freesat satellite receiver as well, so no need for any extra boxes except sky etc

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
32:Eeek: that's a big bedroom ::bigsmile:

Thanks Bigone

Cheers
2dogs

dont do a picture brightness/contrast/colour comparison using the instore display tv's.......one may look better than another instore but once adjusted to your taste it will be hard to tell them apart.

Most now have sound and picture presets...movie, music, voice for sound and various picture modes at the press of a button.

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
would u be using a 12volt adaptor?

if your using a 12 volt system
Broken Link Removed any issues argos are great at taking returns,,

you will need one of these is your 12 v off grid.
i may be wrong but i use them and the tvs work great ,if i just use the lighter adaptor they flicker when amps and voltage drop.. that is when i only had the one older battery could be diffrent now iv added 2x larger battery's and solar panels,,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170903253018?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

OP
OP
2dogs

2dogs

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
behind the times ....

we've got a spare in the loft, a wacking 14", black and white with 4 channels on the dial (still haven't figured out what the 4th channel is::bigsmile:), it has a remote though ... when the wife says change the channel, I get up and turn the knob::bigsmile:

might just take a punt on a Samsung and see what happens.

Cheers
2dogs

Oct 22, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
We have had Panasonic tv's for sometime and currently have 42 and 37 sizes. Never had a problem with them to date. Also have a Panasonic theatre sound system in the lounge . This tv 42 is also 3d which we have found not to our likening except for nature and travel programmes.

OP
OP
2dogs

2dogs

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
I take it from the replies that Panasonics are in the running,

I'll let the boss decide,

if it was up to me I would have given them up when we went from wobbly wave to digi but 3 females and 2 bitches against ... I had to submit

Cheers
2dogs

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
We bought this from Costco last year but much cheaper now here :thumb:

Broken Link Removed

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Our avtex tv for the Motorhome , cost more than any of the tv's at home .
And we watch it the least. But it's so much better than the others we've had for the van or caravans.

We've got 6 TVs at home . How bad is that:Blush:
one in front room ,one in back room and one in each of the 4 bedrooms.
They are all flat screen , but only the ones downstairs are hi def etc
We don't have one in the dining room , kitchen or bathrooms.
Were not that bad:roflmto::RollEyes:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Check out the reviews for Finlux - Gadget Show rated their smart tv highly. We have a 12v combi for the motorhome & excellent value for money.

pegleg

Free Member
Aug 31, 2013
cheshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
12 years
tv

Hello we got a L.G. HAD TO SEND IT BACK GOT REPLACED BUT SENT IT BACK problem was when the screen was dark was ok but when it went light I could here the transformer making high and low sound:Doh: .So we got a PANASONIC brilliant kit no problem at all :thumb:pANASONIC GO FOR

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We got a Sony from John Lewis with a 5 year warranty and a Blu-Ray player thrown in for free. No problems so far.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
As already said 32in is quite a small screen these days, we think you should look at the size of your room and if it`s more than 14ft a 42in would be a minimum.
We choose a size then bought the next size up a 50in and found we could have gone to a 55in.
As for which make, well a few years ago the Panasonic was considered the best but today the Samsungs are pretty impressive.
One point to add, you will notice screens now are very thin indeed, hence the sound quality isn§t brilliant so we bought a Sonus sound bar system to complete the package.
The sound quality is amazing and as it`s got bluetooth capability our iPad can be linked through to play music. :thumb:

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
We've still got the Panasonic CRT that we've had for the last 16 years.

We keep it for three reasons:

1. It still works perfectly and has lots of preset modes such as "Movie, Disco, Stadium" etc, as well as Surround Sound.

2. It takes about 4 Hulk Hogan types to lift it so it's unlikely to get stolen (not that anyone else would want it anyway).

3. Every time we think about updating it and venture forth into Curry's for a looksee at the new models, I end up with a headache due to the amount of choice available, stress out and come home muttering, "B#####ks to it we'll keep the one we've got!!!!".

Microchip

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
personally i like our samsung tvs. got a 42 downstairs and 32 in bedroom. with flatscreens a very important factor is the contrast. really makes a big difference and the cheap makes dont get near to the picture quality or viewing angles

Agree with you but make sure that it is built in Korea, not Turkey or any other country.
In a previous life (work) i had to go to their factory for my company and could see they are second to none. But TVs with their name on and not made in Korea Are not quite as good. :cry:

That's how i see it.

Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back