Drive away awning (1 Viewer)

lambretta

Free Member
Jul 3, 2008
Oxford, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 VIP
Hi, can any one recommend a drive away awing to fit an auto trail eks .looking for one that you can attach to the wind out awning.
Thanks in advance
Garry

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the khyam motordome is pretty much the best driveaway awning we have owned over many many years. only takes a few minutes at most to put up, and the hinged frame stays attached to the awning stopping the stress of assembling poles.

ours has stood up to all weathers and high wind when others around have collapsed, torn or blown away. connecting and disconnecting from the van litterally takes 30 seconds.....park van against markers left to show where van was, wind out the fiamma 3ft, slide in the joining strip and connect to awning, wind back in fiamma, unzip doors

the range of khyam motordomes come in a couple of sizes to suit motorhome types and heights and some models have integrated sleeping pods.

the only downside we can see is the size of the awning when packed down into its bag, but at least its more compact than some with aluminium or steel pole frames.

ultimately you get what you pay for and these are not the cheapest, but in my opinion they are the best

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
I'm in agreement with the big1 on this.

Here is our Khyam Motordome on our Autotrail - Excellent and up in no time.

Sleeps another four too. :thumb:
Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

Gauntlet

Free Member
Feb 12, 2014
Lanarkshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, can any one recommend a drive away awing to fit an auto trail eks .looking for one that you can attach to the wind out awning.
Thanks in advance
Garry

I just purchased a Dorema Awning their is that many out there from air models to light weight poles i opted for the Dorema because it has a full steel frame yes it's heavy but I think it will stand up to bad weather/winds than the light weight Models also went on advise from friends who have Motor Homes

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
We have a movelite XL family. Larger than some as it has a sleeping area for four as well as the 'living' area.
This has stood up to some really high winds and thunderstorms in France.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We also have the movelite xlf.. Very big..
We are probably going to sell it as we don't need it anymore.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I haven't tried these yet but when I get back to Blighty I will. Might not be what you are after but if weight is an issue then it could be useful:

http://www.windblockers.net/

Hope this helps

ps we could have used these against man city today :cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back