Village aire near Rouen - info please!! (1 Viewer)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I followed a link recently to information by a funster about an aire in a pretty village near Rouen which he found when he turned off the main route to Rouen because of traffic jam. The village began with 'N' I think, but I was interrupted and didn't note it down. Was it you?

I would be really grateful if you could tell me what it is, as we need to go that way in the summer.

Many thanks

Catherine

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
was it nonancourt about 1 hr passed rouen though aire there for around 5 motorhomes on the river outside the mairie office

OP
OP
Viennese
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks Bill, I think it was Nonancourt. However, will have to think again because it's too far from Rouen for us. We need to meet up with a friend there... Any more recommendations.

Catherine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
I followed a link recently to information by a funster about an aire in a pretty village near Rouen which he found when he turned off the main route to Rouen because of traffic jam. The village began with 'N' I think, but I was interrupted and didn't note it down. Was it you?

I would be really grateful if you could tell me what it is, as we need to go that way in the summer.

Many thanks

Catherine

Is it "Pont de La Arch" - under the main bridge into town, by the river?

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
Doesn't start with an "N" but I have stayed at the aire in Cleres many times. Smashing little village with a restaurant and bars etc. not too far to Rouen.

OP
OP
Viennese
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Is it "Pont de La Arch" - under the main bridge into town, by the river?

Thanks Andrew - I have read several posts saying it's not very nice there, what do you think?

C

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013

Many thanks

Catherine

It was me and it was Nonancourt but just for the record I am a she not a he :ROFLMAO:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi , Possibly not the one you were looking for but this one we use to avoid Rouen . we go via Yvetot. Go along the A28 till the E44 to Yvetot then down the D490 over the bridge and I think its 2nd turning on the right to the village. Nice riverside aire a couple of miles from the village but free, state's 12 but I think thats a bit over stated 8--10 more like, nice to watch boats etc opposite side of river to a town called Caudebec en caux .

Link Removed Aire: SAINT NICOLAS DE BLIQUETUIT

ADDRESS: RTE DU BAC
TEL: 02 35 96 21 53 FAX:
EMAIL: mairiestnicolas@wanadoo.fr
TYPE OF AIRE: MUNICIPAL

FACILITIES: WATER /GREY DRAIN/BLACK DRAIN/ ELECTRIC

PRICES/ RATES: JETONS from MAIRIE or RESTAURANT
PARKING: FREE/ 48HRS SERVICES: 2€ WATER or ELECTRIC
OPENING TIMES: ALL YEAR
GPS COORDS: N49.52083 E00.72778
DIRECTIONS: From YVETOT take D131 SOUTH across SEINE & turn RIGHT to ST NICOLAS. In village takeD40 NORTH to SEINE & AIRE (next to river).
SITE DESCRIPTION The aire is in a very pleasant position on the banks of the river Seine, about 2kms north of the village of St Nicolas de Bliquetoit, next to a boat jetty & overlooking the Seine & the town of Caudebec-en-Caux on the opposite bank. There are 12 marked parking spaces on tarmac next to the river & surrounded by open farmland, no shade but a very quiet location. Euro-Relais service point with drainage grid.
REVIEW:
2008 Lovely spot with fine 180 degree views over the Seine & the Pont de Brotonne, absolutely tranquil but a bit remote with no facilities nearby. Picnic area here & cars appear to also use the spaces but it empties out in the evening. Clean borne in good working order. Ideal for a quiet night, footpaths along the river in either direction for a pleasant walk. St Nic is 5 mins drive away & has a small café/ restaurant that sells the jetons for the borne.
2011 "An aire next to the Seine where 12 camping-cars can stay free on spaces separated by hedges." RECOMMENDED CAMPING-CAR MAGAZINE
Link Removed
ST NICOLAS DE BLIQUETUIT

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Link Removed
Aire at Nonancourt
Link Removed

Aires: NONANCOURT

[FONT=&quot]Aire: NONANCOURT[/FONT]

ADDRESS: OPP POMPIERS, RUE DE L'ARSENAL
TEL:02 32 58 01 90 (MAIRIE)
EMAIL:
TYPE OF AIRE: MUNICIPAL

FACILITIES: WATER /GREY DRAIN/ BLACK DRAIN / ELECTRIC/ RUBBISH
PRICES/ RATES:
PARKING: FREE SERVICES: FREE
OPENING TIMES: ALL YEAR
GPS COORDS: N48.77248 E01.19226
DIRECTIONS: Exit N12/ N154 R/bout to NONANCOURT. As you enter town follow AIRE signs to RIGHT& AIRE is located opposite POMPIERS.
SITE DESCRIPTION: A modern aire located on the north west side of town between the Mairie & the fire station in a small tarmac parking area where there are 6 marked, allocated spaces for motorhomes. Short walk to town centre. Park area opposite with mature trees & river.There is an AireServices service point with drainage platform, which is quite easy to use as well as a rubbish bin.
REVIEW 2013 A pleasant, quietly situated aire next to a nice park area & close to the river. Aire is well maintained but has little shade & no lighting at night. Slight slope on parking. Childrens play area adjacent, walks along river. Interesting old town with good range of shops & InterMarche supermarket.
Link Removed
Services at Nonancourt
Link Removed Link Removed
Nonancourt

OP
OP
Viennese
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks that's excellent info! Looks very nice there.

Catherine

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Thanks Andrew - I have read several posts saying it's not very nice there, what do you think?

C

Sorry I was thinking of another aire in Dinan. The aire at Nonancourt looks good :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back