Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Seems useful Pappajohn but does it work anywhere apart from the UK. I find the French are quite bad at signposting low bridges until you actually meet them

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Theres a thread currently running on the dark side about this john. Apparently its now on special offer from maplins at £149 but its had software glitch that may or may not have been resolved by now. Also another point brought up on there was that theres a european update due anytime which might be why they are offering it cheap at the mo. Reading the bumff about it its aimed at commercials and larger RV type vehicles and will work out routes specially to cater for them missing low bridges and narrow roads etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Theres a thread currently running on the dark side about this john. Apparently its now on special offer from maplins at £149 but its had software glitch that may or may not have been resolved by now. Also another point brought up on there was that theres a european update due anytime which might be why they are offering it cheap at the mo. Reading the bumff about it its aimed at commercials and larger RV type vehicles and will work out routes specially to cater for them missing low bridges and narrow roads etc.

I thought i read it as £149 but when i opened the page it was £199.

some one queried the glitch and a patch is available now.

though it worth a mention

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I was interested in the Pronav until I found out that there is no way (as yet) to add your own PoI sets.

Subsequently I've seen some disappointing reviews - see thread on Pocket GPS World Forum.

Pity, it seems it's a good idea but still needs a few things ironing out.

Graham

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I thought i read it as £149 but when i opened the page it was £199.

FROM THE DARK SIDE-When you open the Maplins link it does show it at full price,but I received a mailing from Maplins indicating it is on offer at £149.99.
This indicates that a updated Euro version may be on its way.
May the fourth be with you!!!

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
ProNav SatNav

Taken straight from the ProNav web site.......

Coming Soon

ProNav European Upgrade

An ideal upgrade to your ProNav UK version providing you the security when your driving abroad. Comes with physical, hazmat and legal restriction covering France and Germany, as well as POI's including fuel and truck stops.

Available from July 2008

I am still trying to find out how much this upgrade will affect HGV programming in the UK

Another subject Mo and I are very, very interested in......

Blue Badge Navigator

Are you a Blue Badge Holder?

Well we have developed a navigation system specially for you to help you find Blue Badge bays, disabled car parks and a whole host of other points of interest who cater for people with disabilities.

With Mo in a wheelchair, this could be an absolute Godsend to us. we are watching this site like hawks.......

Available from July 2008

Last edited:

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
The £149 at Maplins refers to their "B" grade models, and I too think a new European version could be on the way hence selling out at cheaper price.

David

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Isn't 'B' grade a euphemism for returned goods?:ROFLMAO:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
I bought a secondhand TomTom 700 satnav off eBay for £90 complete with full Europe mapping as well as current UK. When brand new these were selling at £300.

Personally i think you are better off buying a used 'top of the range' satnav than buying a new one with limited spec.

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Yep, we recently bought a second-hand Volvo estate - we waited until a couple of days before the new Reg Numbers came in and the company were bursting at the seams with second-hand cars. We got a superb V70 (Ex-Forces import - three years old, 40K on the clock) at less than half the price and more extras than you can shake a stick at :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back