Tyre pressure LEDs: battery run out ? (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Installed these last summer and never seen them flash:thumb: so happy travelling and easy checking:thumb:.

Over winter the tyre pressures have dropped quite a bit, 5.50 down to 4.90 for example, this seems quite normal as it's been stood for a few months. As the LEDs weren't flashing I can only assume that they have triggered and run the batteries down to zero.

Is there a way of testing the batteries, or is it a case of trying to simulate a pressure drop to see if there is any battery life ?

Also from memory you can't change the batteries, is that correct ?

In this case then I'll need a new set:Sad:

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
No Jim will replace the batteries ,not sure you may have to go to the shop but no doubt Jim will come on and sort you out lol.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
How did you check your pressures? you'll lose some air simply by unscrewing them.
I'm happy that mine are holding fast and I have a keen eye for a correctly inflated tyre.

BTW I would use psi rather than bar as more increments give better accuracy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The LEDs will flash for a full week or more, yes you can test them with the tester we gave you, it's a small extension, however it is fiddly. Bring them to any show or rally and I'll test them for you and change the batteries if necessary :thumb:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
65psi in these 16" 225's with 1920kg on them :thumb:
Correct shape backed up by alarms .
CA_02281409103046-L.jpg

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
How did you check your pressures? you'll lose some air simply by unscrewing them.
I'm happy that mine are holding fast and I have a keen eye for a correctly inflated tyre.

BTW I would use psi rather than bar as more increments give better accuracy

I used a digital tyre pressure gauge and agree that you get some air release when you unscrew them although not much. Why BAR ? well only because it's a global standard and some countries have yet to catch up:roflmto:

The LEDs will flash for a full week or more, yes you can test them with the tester we gave you, it's a small extension, however it is fiddly. Bring them to any show or rally and I'll test them for you and change the batteries if necessary :thumb:

Argh that little gizmo tool that came in the packet with them…… got to end it now:Doh:

Any other way to check them without the tool ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I used a digital tyre pressure gauge and agree that you get some air release when you unscrew them although not much. Why BAR ? well only because it's a global standard and some countries have yet to catch up:roflmto:

Argh that little gizmo tool that came in the packet with them…… got to end it now:Doh:

Any other way to check them without the tool ?

Yes side impact screwdriver :ROFLMAO:

With a figure of 0 to 80 psi I prefer 80 increments

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back