Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 04
Exp
Hi folks,
Hello to everyone.
Just joined the site.

My partner and I have just bought a 2007 Hymer Camp 644G. We hope to go down to Portugal sometime this March and stay for about a month. We will probably use Aires on the way stopping off at a friends on the Portugese Spanish border for a few days.
We will probably start off from Dover/Calais.

Does anyone know of any reasonably priced camp sites in Portugal that also take dogs?

Anyone heading that way that might want to travel together?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I'm still looking for my "new to me" van so can't help - but welcome to the mayhem.

I'm in The Scottish Borders and am looking out across Northumberland right now - :wave:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

UK Pete

Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
on/off since 1991in campervanss
Hi jetjem, welcome aboard

pete

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Wot cheer Bonney lad. Welcome to the mayhem called fun.:welcomefunster::party2::france:
We are in France at the moment at Parc Verger near Limoges, they allow dogs, and apart from the incessant rain it's a lovely stop off on the way south or north.

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Hi, and welcome.

I would suggest you obtain an ACSI book fir 2014.

They are available from www.vicariousbooks.co.uk and before you buy, you can read all about it on the website.

It covers the whole of Europe, ans states if dogs are accepted. Fees are €12/14/16 per night including a least 6amp ehu.

I hope this helps.:thumb:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Agree with ACSI, but buy it direct from their website and also invest in their Camping Carnet - just a few euros. With respect to Vicarious, it's somewhat cheaper and if you subscribe annually you get it before they do...

But DO use Vicarious and get a copy of All the Aires Spain and Portugal. Lots of good sites in there with all the info you need. There are other publications about as well but these should be enough to start you off.

We're currently in Southern Spain but heading to Portugal next week for a few weeks.

Terry

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
Hi Jetjam.

Recognise the flag on my avatatar?
I`m glad to have some extra back up on this forum. We have a few members on here in the north, all reinforcements are gratefully received!

Welcome, don`t let the Southerners get you down :Eeek::thumb::Angry:

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
hi jetjem. we’re in an apartment in Vilamoura at the moment. We went to check out the Orbitur campsite at Quarteira yesterday. They are doing a 10 night offer for €99 at the moment. They allow dogs and it’s a short walk to a nice beach. The site has lots of trees on it and the toilet/shower blocks were basic but clean. Across the road there is a fenced off hardstanding area with quite a few motorhomes on it. It’s €2 per night, €2 for 100 litres of water and €2 for ehu, but you vacate onto some waste land next door on Wednesday to allow a market to take place.
Graeme.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Hi from some Geordies.

There is a member on here called Pedro-something who has a campsite in Portugal, looks like a nice place, we fancy visiting there next year.

If you search for Pedro should bring it up.

OP
OP
jetjem

jetjem

Free Member
May 8, 2013
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 04
Exp
Thanks for the Info

Thanks to everyone for the welcomes and positive information, brilliant. It's exactly what we wanted we will be following up the guides and campsite information.
I might pinch that avatar!

I have driven to SW Bulgaria several times mostly with a car and once with my LDV self build MH, it's always been an experience :Eeek:. We have a house there near Kyustendil and family living there. We hope to use the new next year to travel there and then continue on down to Greece for the winter and then return via the Adriatic and Italy.
I will post near the time just in case anyone fancies a trip out.

Again thanks for the tips they really are appreciated.

Eddie & Rosie

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Visit Belford quite often, nice campsite at Southmeadows:Smile:

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Visit Belford quite often, nice campsite at Southmeadows:Smile:

There is a nice farm shop and cafe very near to that site and can recommend the food.

Kath

OP
OP
jetjem

jetjem

Free Member
May 8, 2013
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 04
Exp
Wev'e got those

We have the wind turbines but what bothers me more is the ever increasing plans for opencast mining.
We have a chance of a very large holiday village with ski slope/lake/cabins being built called The Blue Sky Project, ironically on ex opencast land. With possibly hundreds of jobs in the pipeline.
But there are plans afoot to open an opencast nearby, who wants to view that on holiday:Blush:
I have contacted the county council and my MP to object to the opencast and I have also proposed Aires style sites to be built in Nothumberland and an Aires at the Blue Sky Project which is on the tourist coastal trail.
I have also complained about lack of Aires sites in the UK and currently awaiting an aswer from Helen Grant MP, Parliamentary under Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport---What a title::bigsmile:
They get paid to do a job-----am I off subject:Eeek: I'd better stop.
Eddie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back