Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
The Swift Esprit and Bessacarr 400 series are the same vans and the Swift Bolero and the Bessacarr 500 series are the same vans. The ranges, layouts and prices are identical. Anyone know why Swift/Besscarr do this?

Cheers,

Steve

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Good question - but its happened in the motor industry for years. Remember in the 1960's when BL produced Austin, Morris, MG, Wolsely and Riley versions of the same car??

Their marketing people probably think the public is not bright enough to notice and that therefore it will bring them more sales.

Mind you - look how BL finished up! Maybe Swift should be careful!

OP
OP
ABZSteve

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Good question - but its happened in the motor industry for years. Remember in the 1960's when BL produced Austin, Morris, MG, Wolsely and Riley versions of the same car??

Their marketing people probably think the public is not bright enough to notice and that therefore it will bring them more sales.

Mind you - look how BL finished up! Maybe Swift should be careful!

Not really and not because I was spaced out :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Its because the Bessacarr range are the 'upper end' ones, the Swift ones being the 'lower end' ... Bessacarr tends to have better kit/equipment levels, furnishings etc, and more options to choose from, so usually command a higher price, whether it is still the same now I don't know.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
for exactly the same reason that a fiat ducato is a peugeot boxer or a citroen. the production lines are set up as standard and the same templates and parts saves money. other than colours of soft furnishings they are pretty much identical with just different badges

then consider that people are very strange and once they find a layout that suits them, they want to stay with it. by building standard layouts, people get to choose the model they want from the brand they perceive as best.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back