Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
on the surace looks ok, apart from the before and after pictures are not the same roof, so make you wonder a bit

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
I know jeff uses rubber paint on our roof for its winter protection, not sure if its same make as that thou. Will check with him later.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
on the surace looks ok, apart from the before and after pictures are not the same roof, so make you wonder a bit
looks like it is but the picies have been taken at different ends

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
does anyone have any info on this product?
Broken Link Removed

The product is good, Peoples expectations very often far outweigh its capabilities.
Regard it as a finishing coat after all repairs and sealing has be carried and the roof cleaned to a very high standard and you will be happy
Think of it as a leak cure or new roof in a tin and or fail to prepare the roof properly you are going to create more problems than yo imagined,
Both RV Rubber roofs and Fibre Glass roofs alike go powdery and porous with age, the roofs then absorb dirt and streaking then follows down the side of the motor home this product with good preparation will rectify that, it cant be replied upon to seal splits and cracks or other damage, as stated above these need fixing properly first
G

OP
OP
P

pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
i am looking at it because ouse our now 25 yeqar old hymer has a dry looking roof and given its age i was wondering if there was anything on the market to coat it with as a prevention rather than a cure.we have owned it 18 months and there are no leaks and no damp recorded by our hab man.
the roof does have three bubbles which look and feel as if they have been treated as they are hard.as far as we know alll the roof parafanalia is origional and so as i sai d we are looking to boost its life.
what do you think?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Am going to ring them in the morning, to see if this is suitable for boat roofs as well...:thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
my personal prefference would be to use what is often called spray on bed liner. this is watertight, chemical and weather resistant and is self healing if grazed. plus you get to choose the colour

i cant remember the trade name but its been used on boats and in fridge lorries for years. if it can survive the conditions it faces on a commercial boat, then it will be superb on a motorhome roof

preparation is a case of cleaning the area thouroughly and roughing any particularly shiny parts then spraying on a thick coat

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
i am looking at it because ouse our now 25 yeqar old hymer has a dry looking roof and given its age i was wondering if there was anything on the market to coat it with as a prevention rather than a cure.we have owned it 18 months and there are no leaks and no damp recorded by our hab man.
the roof does have three bubbles which look and feel as if they have been treated as they are hard.as far as we know alll the roof parafanalia is origional and so as i sai d we are looking to boost its life.
what do you think?

Ideal time and reasoning:thumb:
It will improve appearance as well as protection::bigsmile:
Check carefully that GrP is a suitable surface for you chosen material

OP
OP
P

pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
Ideal time and reasoning:thumb:
It will improve appearance as well as protection::bigsmile:
Check carefully that GrP is a suitable surface for you chosen material

thankyou Geo.
we are going to look into how the roof has to be prepared over the weekend.we want another 5 years(at least) out of this mh,so it makes sense to preserve her now.
thanks again for the support.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back