Alde 3010 changing 2kw board to 3 kW (1 Viewer)

barrywi

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I am a Newbie to motorhomes but have caravaned for years
Alde tell me I can fit a new circuit board to my Alde 3010 central heating which then upgrades the electric heating to 3 kW rather than 2kw without any other modifications apart from checking the wiring ,switches and breakers to cope with this. All new uk Alde 3010 heaters are now to Scandinavian spec of 3 kW.
Has anyone done this swap, who could say if there are any problems in doing it?
I thought the heater would have needed a more powerful electrical element but Alde say no.

Ericlumb

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Ilfracombe
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
Since1983
Looking foward to replies to this question as I have just been in touch with HISPAVAN in Vera Spain and because they(Alde in Spain) had not got a 2 kW replacement pcb they have to send to Germany for one which will take up to three weeks and no mention of an upgrade
The symptoms were no power to the control panel and whilst waiting for the replacement Leon the Hispavan electrician looped it bypassing the pcb board and said it could last awhile
The cost has been quoted at €398 inc fitting which I have ordered the part and paid a deposit of €150

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Alde tell me I can fit a new circuit board to my Alde 3010 central heating which then upgrades the electric heating to 3 kW rather than 2kw without any other modifications apart from checking the wiring ,switches and breakers to cope with this. All new uk Alde 3010 heaters are now to Scandinavian spec of 3 kW.
Has anyone done this swap, who could say if there are any problems in doing it?
I thought the heater would have needed a more powerful electrical element but Alde say no.
A more powerful element might provide more heat but 3kW (around 12A give-or-take) is pushing it on hook-up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
I'm confused.....I too have the 3010 and a choice of 1kw, 2kw and 3kw settings. I read somewhere (think in the service or maintenance manual) that there is actually only 2 physical elements, a 1kw and 2kw and when 3kw is chosen it simply powers both elements to give 3kw in total.

When I first bought my van I tested the boiler on just 1kw setting to make sure the heating worked and it did. Then I tested it on the 2kw setting and it worked, then on 3kw.

So all I can assume is that the new PCB allows the ability to power both the 1kw and 2kw elements to give 3kw in total?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back