campsite 60mins from Ware Herts? (1 Viewer)

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ok bit short notice but looking for a camp site 60mins from Ware Hertfordshire finish work 18:15 so want to be there by 19:30 for tomorrow night.
Try a few sites either full or water logged!
Thanks
Jim

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
The pub that I used a few years back has closed but you might find something on ukcampsite.co.uk

Good luck.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I lived in Ware for 30 years and can't remember seeing a campsite near the town. We have stayed at the C&CC site in Hertford several times and always found it very good. Enormous site with top notch facilities.

Last year we were in Ware visiting a friend and phoned the local council about parking in one of their car parks for a couple of hours. They don't allow motorhomes taking up two spaces in any of their car parks apart from the tiny one in Priory Road and then you have to ring and ask!

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I have 'extensive' experience of Hertford ccc site and would add a 'tactful' word of caution: full of potholes, flooded pitches, half the facilities closed out of 6 weeks of high season, and the most god awfull staff (with some exception)
Not to mention the prices the ccc charge now with their stupid new pricing structure.
I have cancelled my membership recently - based on experiences at Hertford and their pricing.

Just a personal view!!!:Eeek:

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hertford

Just had a nice weekend at the CCC Hertford, as you'd expect for a CCC site, but loads of space etc

Couple of pics and review here.

Russell

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Buttons may have room on his drive...:winky:
Not this time but what I could do is recomend the best cafe on the planet. The Rose Cafe in Hertford is extra special excellent food very friendly staff and the place to be seen on a Sunday morning. Well that is where I am seen most Sunday mornings anyway.:Smile:

Mi58ck

Free Member
Aug 9, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since august 2012
How about Dobbs Weir Hoddesdon?

OP
OP
JimboT

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie

Very basic little site ÂŁ11 per night per pitch/van

nice little town great for dog walking

There are not much facilities toilets out of action at moment ok for a couple night stops.
Will try a few others over the next few weeks can only get away 1 night at moment work!!!!!
Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back