Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
northants
Funster No
MH
not yet
Exp
long time
after a long struggle we have give up trying to keep our house due to money problems .
we have sold the house so we can clear all the debts
.but where from here .
well we are going to live in our m/home till we can get sorted .
not sure how this is going to work out .
feeling really down now but a least we wont have anymore letters that we don't want to open .
well we wont have a letter box that's a good start .

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Sorry to hear of your troubles... I'm sure that from here things can only improve for you. Best of luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dj motormouth

Free Member
Nov 26, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
RV A Class
Exp
since 2011
We were in a similar position and gave up the business and house, it all happened very quickly. At the time I had no idea where we were going to live or do for an income. I then remembered that a friend had parked an old American RV at our place for a while and suggested that might be the best plan for the wife and I plus the two dogs. We started hunting and a month later had purchased a Winnebago Brave with all the money we had managed to get from selling all that was not bolted down. At the time we put some possessions into storage, and they are still there.

That was two years ago. Relieved, certainly. Would I go back, if I had my way no and the wife is getting more used to our lifestyle and is now making a new pelmet as I type this. I now have a part time job in the West Country and our life is on the up. But most importantly we do not have all the stress and worry of before.

I just wish you the best of luck. And remember, you are not the first in this position, will not be the last, but you have the power to make a new future now without the burdens of the past.

Good Luck

Michael

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
after a long struggle we have give up trying to keep our house due to money problems .

I am so sorry to hear that but am pleased you have managed to sell your house rather than have it re-possessed.

Now you have cleared all your debts you'll be able to start again fresh and although you may feel at rock bottom right now, when you draw breath take stock you will find that you have the most important thing ever - each other.

Onward and upward. You have survived this and things will get better - much better.

Last edited:

kat_lewis

Free Member
May 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since a nipper but only got back into it seriously recently when we inherited my mum's van
Sorry to hear of your situation, as others have said not the first and you won't be the last. Things can only get better now with the stress out of the way ::bigsmile:

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
Been there, done that. All turned out okay. Good luck with it, hope all goes well for you.:thumb:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
so sorry to her this we are very much in the same boat but I am sure thing's will get beater
you will get lot's of support for many on her it will only be post but it will let you know your not alone
good luck

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
g8ysn

NO DEBT so no worries , roof over your head,move on when u like follow work or sunshine
you never c a sad gypsy , good luck and all the best:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
.but where from here .
well we are going to live in our m/home till we can get sorted .
not sure how this is going to work out .
feeling really down now but a least we wont have anymore letters that we don't want to open .
well we wont have a letter box that's a good start .

Not many are brave enough to admit on an open forum that they have financial problems.. but there are tens if not hundreds of thousands in the same boat.. it's not a crime.. nor anything to be ashamed of..

You can live in your motorhome as a temporary home for as long as you want.. but sooner or later you will need or want a house .. and yes, a letter box.. My advice is to get down to your local council and declare yourself homeless and apply for a council house... It may take months or even years but you will get a home.

We were in similar circumstances back in 2009 when after living for 3 years in our RV .. we wanted to give up, but hadn't the cash for a house.. so we rented private but I went to the council and got put on the housing list..

I see see from your profile you are near retirement.. this will be treated as a housing priority.. they should have properties for over 60s.. sheltered housing.. It only took 6 months to be offered a house which we moved into in Feb 2010..

Think not of it as the end.. but the start of a new journey.. good luck :Smile:

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Good luck , at least you were able to sell your property. Not have it repossessed. I think scotjimland has some good advise in the previous post.:thumb:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
at least you have each other :thumb:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Sorry to hear of your troubles it must of been such a worry and a great upset.Heres wishing you all the luck and a happy future.We hope things change and you get a bit of what you want. Best regards Julie and Dave.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
ou haven't lost your house,you have made the decision to dispose of an asset to realign your finances. You have done the best thing and can now think with a clear head. It really pisses me off when I see leeches on society living off the fat of the land and our taxes,while good honest people who get caught in a financial trap get no assistance whatsoever.Have you considered an occupation with accommodation,even a site warden.
Good luck

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Very sorry indeed to read your post, we cannot really add anything else to this.........it has already been said by other funsters.

Good luck to you in the future:thumb:

Margaret & Bill

OP
OP
S

slimbob

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
northants
Funster No
MH
not yet
Exp
long time
wow thanks for all the reply's
I am sure things are going to work out for us as we still have our jobs .
but buying a house may not be on the list
already feel better now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Good luck to you both chin up and move on :thumb:

Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
i agree with all above what has been said the weight has now been lifted off your shoulders

no council tax no gas/ no elec/bills

all the best dave

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
If you feel to escape in the sun and can manage financially your travel down here, you'll be welcome to have some quiet time completly free in the warmth.
Even if I am away on hols, you'll be most welcome.

I'm sure you'll get sorted very quickly !

And you have friends here to listen , give advices or just good vibes!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
slimbob... 25 odd years ago I was sitting in my tiny camper van parked in Bath with 50p in my pocket. I had just spilt my last tin of curry onto the floor and I considered scraping it off the floor and eating it!

No credit, no credit card but no debts... and no overheads.

My whole life turned around the very next day and it has just got better and better ever since.

Finding out that I could live very happily in my van was the basis for this turn around.

You have my very best wishes... I feel sure it will all work out brilliantly.

JJ :Cool:

PS. and after you have rested at Frankie's place you can always park up at QMJ in Central Portugal and stay as long as you like... no electric, no crowds, no site fees.

Last edited:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry to hear about your financial circumstances, but it sounds as though you've got things under control. You WILL feel much better when it warms up and the sun is shinning. Frankie's offer above is generous and sounds appealing. But I suspect for the moment you might be keen to hang on to the jobs you've got.

Certainly lots of good advice on here.

Best of luck for the future in any case, and hope things pan out the way you want. :thumb:

Mike

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
slimbob...
No credit, no credit card but no debts... and no overheads.
Hope it gets better and better from here on.
You have my very best wishes... I feel sure it will all work out brilliantly.

JJ :Cool:
US TOO BOB
:thumb:HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT FOR THE BEST
:thumb:

Roger & Sheila:Smile:::bigsmile:

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
We have just lost our house

You have had lots of good support I see, but just to put things in perspective and not just be a misery. Our friend collapsed two weeks ago, and died 5 days later, brain haemorrhage, she was 52 with loads to live for and three lovely daughters. You can have a different life with lots of options open. One thing, if you go to the council, if you live in a motorhome, you are classed as homeless, not so if you live in a caravan.
Good Luck.
Glynis

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
You will get nothing but support from all the lovely people on this forum.

If we haven't been in the same situation I'm sure many of us have either been close to it, or feared it. Very few go through life with no money worries at all.

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Best Wishes

The posts by the other funsters say it all, we can only wish you the best of luck for the future.
Pauline & Mike:thumb:

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
All the best for the future.

Jackie

Join us or log in to post a reply.