Gaslow hoses (1 Viewer)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I have just fitted two new Gaslow hoses from the cylinders to the regulator. I noticed that what look like a crimped collar on each end of the hoses where the metal parts meet the plastic outer casing, near the connecting nuts are fairly free to wiggle about although they cannot be moved up along the hose itself. I have tested for gas tightness and there are no leaks. I suspect the crimped collars are there to stop the hose being over kinked as it enters the fitting.

The same crimped collars on the filler hose and the hose connecting the two bottles are the old style, fitted about three years ago, with brass nuts and the collars on those are solidly fixed. I was just wondering if this slight movement on the new chrome finish connectors is usual.

Anyone noticed similar?

Deleted User
Do you have the secumotion system on your rapido, when I changed the hoses on mine for gaslow stainless steel hoses I could'nt retain the fittings on the original hoses as they were not compatable with the new fittings. I would be interested to know if you were able to get round this as I would have liked to keep the secumotion system.

spongy

OP
OP
iandsm
Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Gaslow

Do you have the secumotion system on your rapido, when I changed the hoses on mine for gaslow stainless steel hoses I could'nt retain the fittings on the original hoses as they were not compatable with the new fittings. I would be interested to know if you were able to get round this as I would have liked to keep the secumotion system.

spongy

I did have the Truma butane hoses with the green cut off button for secumotion attached to my Gaslow cylinders which I liked. They are the only hoses that comply with some EU directive on having the gas on when travelling which we do. But they had come to their use by date and needed to be replaced. I thought long and hard about whether to replace them with the same Truma Secumotion or go to Gaslow steel.

I decided on Gaslow steel because the Truma regulator has a green secumotion button so in the event of an accident anything downstream of that would be cut off automatically. The only non secumotion protected piece is the Gaslow hose between the bottle and the regulator. I figure that if we had an impact strong enough to detach the Gaslow hose from the bottle or regulator, it would be catastrophic and we would be past caring anyway. Further the Truma hoses have a life of 5 years whereas Gaslow is 25 years.

If I leave the gas on when travelling I am aware I would probably breach the EU directive, but I can live with that, "Opps sorry officer I forgot to turn them off" The `truma part number is 50410-06 should you go that route, about £36 each I think.

Deleted User
Thanks IANDSM

Thats about what I thought, my rubber hoses were 5 years old which is why I replaced them, in fact when I took them off they were in quite poor condition. I shall probally continue turning my gas off, when I remember! same as disconnecting the hook up lead, when I remember!

Thanks for your help

spongy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

micky drip

Free Member
Jul 4, 2012
mid wales
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
5 years
My Lunar has a Secumotion regulator.Is this prone to failure? Should I carry a spare? What do I need in order to use French bottles?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
My Lunar has a Secumotion regulator.Is this prone to failure? Should I carry a spare? What do I need in order to use French bottles?
yes, the truma secumotion is prone to frequent premature failure, its a design flaw. i say that because regulators from gok or gasit dont fail the same way. my prefference would be to carry a spare known to be reliable. sadly though youre not likely to find a secumotion equivalent, but i dont know too many that use the system as designed. great news is that other non truma regulators cost a fraction the price

for french or spanish bottles, just pick up the appropriate high pressure pigtail that screws onto the regulator and bottle. that way you can pick a suitable cylinder up at the supermarket and fit the appropriate pigtail. no need to carry extra gas bottles. when empty exchange for another full one or another type. in practice theres only 3 or 4 pigtails you need to carry for extended touring.

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years

spongy

I bought this converter from GasIt.co.uk and was able to use the existing pigtail with green button thing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• GI-ACCS-024.jpg
    GI-ACCS-024.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 9

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread