Help: Swift Bessacarr Door Locks (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Most of the external compartment door lock barrels are gradually seizing up and becoming very difficult to operate, any funster cure about?
:shout::shout:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
remove barrel and soak in thin oil after cleaning thoroughly. then clean the hole it fits into and reassemble. the plastic latch you can use silicon grease on

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the problem is when the lock has already started to seize up, the graphite cant lubricate it. with a working lock, i agree graphite powder is what to use

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
the problem is when the lock has already started to seize up, the graphite cant lubricate it. with a working lock, i agree graphite powder is what to use

So is this statement from the above item on eBay incorrect?

The BEST lubricant for all types of locks

Ideal for lubricating and freeing up all kinds of locks, particuarly car doors, padlocks, cylinder door locks and anything that has moving parts.

What are other Funsters thoughts?

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
I've used silicon based lubricants/polish with some success. Awning rail spray works well. May need to apply a couple of times a year but doesn't take more than a few minutes.

If desperate Mr Sheen or similar is your get out of trouble, if the lock is about to seize up. Have used vinyl Silicon based polish once when faced with a seized lock tongue. Gives you time to sand a pencil to dust for your graphite.

Oh take care not to over spray in case it drips on the furnishings or marks the timber of your cupboards etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back