Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi all,
does anyone know where best to tap into a live feed when the ignition is on, it's for a reversing camera. I know the cigar lighter in the driver's glove box is live but can't access it.
Thanks in advance,
Lee.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I would think the feed would come from the reversing lights linked to the gear lever:Smile::Smile::Smile:

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Hi I have a mk 7 tranny too. Why can't you access the drivers cig lighter,? The alternative may be the radio, that needs 4 keys sourced for sod all on E Bay to remove.

::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi I have a mk 7 tranny too. Why can't you access the drivers cig lighter,? The alternative may be the radio, that needs 4 keys sourced for sod all on E Bay to remove.

::bigsmile:
Sorry,
meant can't access rear of cig lighter for a permanent ignition feed
Lee

OP
OP
L

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I would think the feed would come from the reversing lights linked to the gear lever:Smile::Smile::Smile:
Hi Wasp,
it's a 2 camera set up. when driving one camera is the normal rear view. The other will come on when selecting reverse.
Lee.

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
The tray holding the cig lighter on the driver and passenger dash under the hinged lid is held in place by 4 spring clips. Up clip the lid and using a wide bladed screwdriver it is possible to ease the tray upwards and thereby access the ciggy lighter.
I can take some pics tomorrow to demonstrate the process if you are interested..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The tray holding the cig lighter on the driver and passenger dash under the hinged lid is held in place by 4 spring clips. Up clip the lid and using a wide bladed screwdriver it is possible to ease the tray upwards and thereby access the ciggy lighter.
I can take some pics tomorrow to demonstrate the process if you are interested..
Hi Zains,
yep that would be really helpful thanks, look forwards to seeing them.
Lee.

OP
OP
L

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

Hi Zains,
just checking you received my pm?
Regards,
Lee.

Frankie

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Hi, I fed mine from fuse box in dash. used a piggy back fuse on lighter circuit and earthed on bolt next to fuse box. Was so easy, no slicing cables etc, :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back