copy film to dvd/usb (1 Viewer)

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
We have a Samsung LED TV which is fed by a Sagemcom RT195 digital decoder (300GB) with a LG player recorder.:Smile:

We have a collection of films on the RT195 hard drive, and we thought it would be useful to copy to either a USB or DVD's for use when we are on tour. I thought this would be an easy task, just unhook the HDMI lead from the TV and connect to the PC, for copy to USB or DVD. The other end of the HDMI is connected to the RT195, seemed simple, but no way could I get the transfer.:whatthe:

Could any funster please advise, just what am I doing wrong, or, haven't done to get this task completed.:Doh:

Thanking you all in anticipation:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
you have to use a video editor to import the video, then save it or export to HD/DVD or whatever. I have red/white/yellow phono inputs on my computer, the video capture must be told where to look. The other option if you have a TV card in the computer is to record the input. Not tried with an HDMI connection but guess you can select that as an input within a recent video editor. I use Ulead "Videostudio" but there are many others out there.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
just had a thought, I was coping videos, but as yours are already on a Hard drive. With the cable connected does it not show the HD in the PVR as an external drive. If so can you not just drag and drop the files.
Ok just done some research and it appears the files are encrypted. So an analogue capture card will do it in real time or as suggested below

"You might want to google "DVR hacks" sometime. It's not as hard as you guys are thinking. In most cases, you get an opensource driver for the dvr, boot the dvr in diagnostic mode, copy the stream files out (.st), and use another open source utility to break the encryption and convert them to .avi it's actually pretty straight forward. I'm not sure why all the talk about analog video capture and such. You don't even need to remove the HDD from most DVRs."

try this program
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/autogk.htm

Last edited:
OP
OP
nomadic
Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Thanks Wildman and DevonBeekeeper,

I,ve re read the Samsung manual, and there is a download available, which should make life easier, I will also follow your suggestions.

Thanks again:thumb:

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
i just use an asus oplay media player. hd plugs in to the side of it and hdmi cable goes from it to tv. very simple and it will play any format you chuck at it so you can take films from other peoples hard drives as well and play them without messing about changing formats. i got mine from ebay for about £65 , all the best sean

Broken Link Removed

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
i just use an asus oplay media player. hd plugs in to the side of it and hdmi cable goes from it to tv. very simple and it will play any format you chuck at it so you can take films from other peoples hard drives as well and play them without messing about changing formats. i got mine from ebay for about £65 , all the best sean

Broken Link Removed
OK so will that get the encoded programs from the PVR out to a Hard drive? Which was the original Question.

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
why wouldnt it ? the rt195 has its own hard drive so should play straight through the oplay connected by usb. the oplay should see it as storage like a normal hard drive and play movies from it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
nomadic
Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Thanks one and alll for your advice:thumb:

My son-in-law asked if I had an "av" button on the LG DVD remote, if so start a film from the library, switch to ext dvd, fire up the dvd and press the av button, to find the matching channel, found av2, and the film came through, copying to the inserted dvd.

So to copy, at normal speed is ok for us, as the decoder alllows reception from two channels, so copy one and view one is a goer........sorted.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back