Lovely reply from my wildcamping request (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We are heading up to Glencoe tomorrow for some skiing and I emailed a few pubs and other business I had a great response from all but I thought this was was really nice. It just shows if you ask politly in the first place you have a good chance of free parking.

Dear Mr Hughes

Thank you for your email; you are most welcome to stay parked overnight in our car park, our only requests are as follows:

o If you arrive before close of business 5.00pm, that you inform one of our maintenance team where you are parked.
o If you arrive after this time but before 9.00 pm, you inform the filling station where you are parked.
o If you arrive latter than 9.00 pm please park towards the back of the car park.

Other than that have a safe journey up and enjoy your meal in either the restaurant open from 8.30 am – 5.00 pm or snack stop café open from 4.00 pm – 9.00 pm

Hope this information helps but please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further assistance in this matter.

Kind regards

Molly / Internet Supervisor

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
We are heading up to Glencoe tomorrow for some skiing and I emailed a few pubs and other business I had a great response from all but I thought this was was really nice. It just shows if you ask politly in the first place you have a good chance of free parking.

Dear Mr Hughes

Thank you for your email; you are most welcome to stay parked overnight in our car park, our only requests are as follows:

o If you arrive before close of business 5.00pm, that you inform one of our maintenance team where you are parked.
o If you arrive after this time but before 9.00 pm, you inform the filling station where you are parked.
o If you arrive latter than 9.00 pm please park towards the back of the car park.

Other than that have a safe journey up and enjoy your meal in either the restaurant open from 8.30 am – 5.00 pm or snack stop café open from 4.00 pm – 9.00 pm

Hope this information helps but please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further assistance in this matter.

Kind regards

Molly / Internet Supervisor

Let us know where this establishment is !!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Let us know where this establishment is !!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I will share it with fellow funsters but please don't abuse it as places like this are the life for motorhomers.

The place is
The Big Green Welly Shop here is a link to the web page.

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Been to the Green Welly Shop before, but not with motorhome as was working around that area.
Great place to stop off before going on to travel through Glencoe.
Make sure you spend some time in the Whiskey shop :thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I will share it with fellow funsters but please don't abuse it as places like this are the life for motorhomers.

The place is
The Big Green Welly Shop here is a link to the web page.

Broken Link Removed

This is a well known stop over and will have been used many times. Nice to confirm they still allow MH's to use the car park.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Been to the Green Welly Shop before, but not with motorhome as was working around that area.
Great place to stop off before going on to travel through Glencoe.
Make sure you spend some time in the Whiskey shop :thumb:

We have stop here many times just never stayed the night and my dad has already told me he wants a wee dram brought home .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
We 'lunched' there in October 2005 and our young Chihuahua, Tequila, "ate" Simon the replica cat that was on the Hymer A class windscreen shelf.

The German onlookers were horrified but calmed down, after calling us, when they realized the 'cat' was not real.

Oh happy memories of a lovely spot.

Tequila, with 2 mini Dachshunds, still enjoys being a 'holidog' when ever we travel.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back