Stevewin999

Free Member
Feb 9, 2014
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Mirada RV
Exp
Hi just joined (and paid my tenner) I see lots of meets get quickly over subscribed, so I was wondering if any North East based members met up for weekends around the area? We are Hartlepool based but like the Bedale and North Yorkshire area for quick weekends away! It would be nice to meet other group members some weekends.
Steve
:Smile:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Steve and welcome to Fun.

Gatherings tend to happen around shows or events. Having said that there are some meets where folks get together just for the sake of it. If you organise it I bet someone will come.

Why not get to a meet, maybe Chester for Easter and get to know a few, it will either put you off for life or you will pass all the strange initiation ceremony's and become a fully fledged [STRIKE]nutter[/STRIKE] Funster.

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Meets? On a weekend?

Make a suggestion Steve..... I'd be up for it. I'm always open to any excuse to give the old girl a bit of a run out.....

(I take the motorhome out as often as I can as well!)

Simon
:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Still space at Peterborough. A show as well as a very large meet. If that doesn't put you off then nothing will! We are going, having been to a couple of smaller ones and enjoyed them. Should be good fun as people can either do their own thing or whatever. Great fun!:thumb:

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Hi just joined (and paid my tenner) I see lots of meets get quickly over subscribed, so I was wondering if any North East based members met up for weekends around the area? We are Hartlepool based but like the Bedale and North Yorkshire area for quick weekends away! It would be nice to meet other group members some weekends.
Steve
Hi just joined as well we are from mid wales we were wndering the same thing about wales we have seen a lot of good meets only so far away for us weekend moterhomers ,best wishes jan.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hi just joined as well we are from mid wales we were wndering the same thing about wales we have seen a lot of good meets only so far away for us weekend moterhomers ,best wishes jan.

Sorry not Fun related but had to reply due to your location.
We are also members of the MCC. Motorcaravanners club, our regional group meet in the N,Wales, Shropshire areas so that may be of interest. There is also a S.wales group.
Many people are members of several forums and groups, a great way to meet people and have in-expensive weekend get togethers.. :thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Steve

Hi and welcome!
We are about 70 west of Carlisle and spend a lot of time in and around the Dales, Hawes, Grassington, Lower Wensleydale/Bedale. It's a easy run and distance from us here in the south of Scotland, so we'd be up for that. We're planning to come down to the CC site at Lower Wensleydale in May and meet up with some friends again.:thumb:

Margaret & Bill

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
There's a meet at Eden Camp, Malton, North Yorks from Fri 4th of April until the 6th.
I know it is full at the moment, but it may be worth putting your name down on the reserve list, as some may have to cancel for various reasons between now and then. :thumb:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I think that makes at least 4 monkey hangers that I know of on Fun(us included). We try and get to a lot of the Fun rallies during the summer when we are in the UK.
Get along to a few, you will soon get the bug.
When not at a Fun rallies we fatten use Caravan and Camping Club rallies and temporary holiday diets. They are usually in nice places and the people are always very friendly and welcoming.
Hope to see you at a rally this year.

OP
OP
S

Stevewin999

Free Member
Feb 9, 2014
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Mirada RV
Exp
Monkey hangers

We are members of the caravan and camping club, but have never rallied with them. Joined for the cover with the RAC initially. Who are the other poolies.
Steve.

StevieBambs

Free Member
May 5, 2012
Skipton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
North East Weekend

Steve

Hi Steve.

Following the theft of my Autotrail Apache, 2nd Jan, I pick up my new replacement next weekend (Ace Airstream 680FB).

After all the stress of missing our pride & joy, we are thinking of heading up towards your area for a week in March. We are looking at Doe Park Caravan Site at Cotherstone (near Barnard Castle). Broken Link Removed

It gets good reviews & has two pubs within walking distance.

If anybody fancies meeting up, I will post the date when booked (just keeping my eye on the weather for a week or two).

Steve & Val.

OP
OP
S

Stevewin999

Free Member
Feb 9, 2014
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Mirada RV
Exp
Doe park

Hi Steve
Looks a nice place I may have to ring to see if it will take mine at 9.5 mtrs.
Keep us in the loop what you decide.
Steve.:Smile:

jaytee74

Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007
Hi Steve
Looks a nice place I may have to ring to see if it will take mine at 9.5 mtrs.
Keep us in the loop what you decide.
Steve.:Smile:

krikey 9.5metres thats a bloody artic country lanes will love you lol:ROFLMAO: get it organised could be up for it jt

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Once we buy our motorhome we'll be looking for local trips for a few weekends, either Northumberland or the Lakes or south west Scotland. We are in the Scottish Borders but have relatives in Hartlepool and Stockton. I went to school in Hartlepool - what a small world.

My other half is a sand dancer and although I grew up in Hartlepool I'm not a monkey hanger.:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
S

Stevewin999

Free Member
Feb 9, 2014
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Mirada RV
Exp
Doe park

Well guys had an email saying they can take us and to send some dates to see if there is space available, So what's it to be?
Steve:thumb:

StevieBambs

Free Member
May 5, 2012
Skipton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Picking up replacement motorhome today, but the habitation report has identified that the element has gone in the fridge, so once I have got the make & model I can sort out getting a new one fitted.

We are looking at going to Doe Park from 12th - 18th March ? Once have spoken to the guy sorting my fridge we will be booking next week ?

Just hope that the snow that is in America isn't heading our way in 2-3 weeks ?

Steve & Val

StevieBambs

Free Member
May 5, 2012
Skipton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Whatever the weather

Hi Guys.

Have gone for it, whatever the weather, we have booked to go to Doe Park from Wed 12th March for six nights ?

Anybody fancies a little get together, we'll be there. :thumb:

Steve & Val

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back