Insurance Renewal (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
I don't understand Insurance companies , keen to quote ,almost desperate, but why quote unbelievable prices only to then reduce the quote when you state that they are too expensive.
Today my renewal quote from Saga ,who I am currently with ,arrived in the post £155.01 plus £27 legal protection.:Smile:
Start phone around , Caravan club garantee to beat by £25,:thumb:
2gether insurance £350,:thumbdown: then I try Safeguard ,their quote was £400.10 on stating the obvious (too expensive) :thumbdown:they said they would recheck and see if they could reduce it as I was a safe driver and only small mileage , this was stated before in the original information given. they then came back offering the same coverage but for £195.69 .:Eeek:
How can they offer over 50% reduction for no apparent reason.

Now tomorrow on the phone to Saga to see if they want to better the Caravan club price,

unless one of the other companies comes up a better offer!!

or one of them pay's (nice sum) to me to insure with them:rollonfloor:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
What do you expect, this IS rip off britain after all:restmycase:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
[HI]How can they offer over 50% reduction for no apparent reason.[/HI]

Because they rely on people not querying what they are told. Not rip-off Britain either, it happens everywhere there is a market economy - just the same as haggling in many countries.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
It is Rip off Britain - I've just paid £70.11 for labour on my van - it wasn't in there more than 45 mins - bad enough the £70 but where do they get the 11p from :Angry::Angry::Angry:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
A friend of mine got his car insurance renewal - it had gone up to £600 per year.

He shopped around and found a quote for £300.

He rang his original insurers who promptly dropped their price to £151.

What is going on????

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
It is Rip off Britain - I've just paid £70.11 for labour on my van - it wasn't in there more than 45 mins - bad enough the £70 but where do they get the 11p from :Angry::Angry::Angry:

YOU:ROFLMAO: £58 42 + Vat

Last edited:

Shotgun433

Free Member
Feb 11, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Bob

I tryed all usual insurance company,s got idiotic prices £780 saga etc found safeguard just as bad, motorhome facts insurance the best by far , just hope renewal is as good !!!!

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I tryed all usual insurance company,s got idiotic prices £780 saga etc found safeguard just as bad, motorhome facts insurance the best by far , just hope renewal is as good !!!!

Been with Comfort (same underwriters as motorhomefacts) for three years, premium slightly cheaper than the original on.::bigsmile:

Mike

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
try Adrian flux they will make your eyes water rip of merchants or wat

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Had letter from Saga offering to be cheap. Fed them the details, I was asked if any modifications. Yes I advised, have fitted a solar panel. Will need to run that past the Underwriters as that is not on the list. What is I ask? Stickers or alloy wheels, that sort of thing I'm told.
A few days letter I get a letter from Saga to tell me my modifications are none standard so they are unable to quote me.
Clearly I am the only person to fit solar panels:Eeek:

Just waiting now for renewal notice from Comfort. I had recently spoken to a very helpful young lady. I explained I was moving and would no longer be able to park on my property. She said I could park on a friend or relatives property with a 25% premium surcharge or else approved secure storage. No other option acceptable. She even took the trouble to advise me of my nearest secure storage site.
Done a visit, two sliding steel gates, CCTV, owner lives on site, infra-red beams around the site, gates time-locked after 20:00 hrs. jet washer, steps, air-line, vacuum cleaner, fresh water and waste disposal facilities.
Booked my place from 1st March @ £35 pcm.

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
try Adrian flux they will make your eyes water rip of merchants or wat

Adrian Flux gave me the lowest quote for my one year old Bilbo Celex (from Trinity Lane, a company in Malta) of £241 plus legal cover. This did not include breakdown cover which I do not need as I have free VW breakdown cover for the first three years.

However accidental cover ceased for those over 70, contents cover was £100 and continental cover was the minimum legal cover. Certainly not a policy for someone who loves the continent and is now over75.

The Caravan Club were the next best at £277 and their cover was far better.

My Safeguard renewal was £411 but this did include (unneeded) full continental breakdown cover.

One quote was for £811 but I later found out that I had received a quote for a commercial van and not a motorhome. After correction it was around £330. I am staggered at the difference

I finally went with the CC.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back