Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
For whatever reason fingers crossed we still have BBC Channels down in the Costa Blanca Spain:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

And how pray tell would that be ::bigsmile:
Can you be a little more specific like local area and dish size? :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
And how pray tell would that be ::bigsmile:
Can you be a little more specific like local area and dish size? :thumb:

Cos the signal here is nice and strong! And it also depend which BBC channels on which frequencies you use, as some are coming in better than others...

In the Costa Blanca we have had 1.8 and 2.4s for the last 15 years, as we were in a really poor spot. With the new satellites, that poor spot has moved north east to over Barcelona. And the Costa Blanca is now in the "sweat spot" that the Costa del Sol has had for the last 15 years.
Anything less than a 100x110 dish is really operating on the very limits for 2E uk beam reception, and it needs to be very well aligned and there is not much tolerance for rain or wind wobble.

Some of the jobs today were to 90x100 dishes that had lost BBC channels, just because they were not aligned accurately enough. AS when the channels were on 1N, as the signal in this area was a lot better, the alignment accuracy could be off more than it need to be now those channels are on 2E.

The thing is people say the signals in their area have gone.
They have not gone.
They are still there.
Just weaker than before.
And those channels have been lost as their current dish, that has been fine for x number of year, is now too small to receive these new weaker signals.
So for many areas, it is simply a question of a larger dish.
And If it is a cost issue, then think of the cost of a dish, spread of the 15 years of these satellites lifespan.

Last edited:

Stevewin999

Free Member
Feb 9, 2014
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Mirada RV
Exp
Costa Blanca

Dear Mr Pc man
You are not based in Costa Blanca are you I need some genuine advice on what to fit at our Villa. Plenty of experts in the free papers but not sure if we would just get sold a system that suited the seller and not us. Or can you recommend anyone that would look after a fellow funster?
Steve:thumb:

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Dear Mr Pc man
You are not based in Costa Blanca are you I need some genuine advice on what to fit at our Villa. Plenty of experts in the free papers but not sure if we would just get sold a system that suited the seller and not us. Or can you recommend anyone that would look after a fellow funster?

The problem I am having is the lack of reports from where my set-up is but I am using that as a positive, maybe there is no noticable change so nothing to write home about...:thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Dear Mr Pc man

Hi, he is based in the Costa Blanca, and he has given lots of advice on many forums as well as his own, I would say he also covers your area. :winky: So he is your man.:thumb:

We are in Javea using a 1 meter dish picking up Irish BBC1 and BBC2 UTV all Channel 5's channel 4hd and 4 seven ITV and ITV +1 ITV2 +1 vintage true moves true entertainment true drama pick pick+1 CBS reality food network horror, :winky: and various other rubbish. :roflmto:

But I'm not saying you need a 1 meter dish, because it needs to be bigger. :whatthe: Bob.

Check out this thread: Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, [HI]he is based in the Costa Blanca[/HI], and he has given lots of advice on many forums as well as his own, I would say he also covers your area. :winky: So he is your man.:thumb:

[HI]We are in Javea using a 1 meter dish [/HI]picking up Irish BBC1 and BBC2 UTV all Channel 5's channel 4hd and 4 seven ITV and ITV +1 ITV2 +1 vintage true moves true entertainment true drama pick pick+1 CBS reality food network horror, :winky: and various other rubbish. :roflmto:

But I'm not saying you need a 1 meter dish, because it needs to be bigger. :whatthe: Bob.

Check out this thread: Broken Link Removed

I thought going by his web site he is in Gandia (Costa del Azahar)?? That and Javea are a fair distance from some of the morsals that have lost or losing the signal in Costa Blanca South on larger dishes. :Eeek: I think the best advice so far is try tweaking what you have first before spending any more. :thumb:

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I thought going by his web site he is in Gandia (Costa del Azahar)?? That and Javea are a fair distance from some of the morsals that have lost or losing the signal in Costa Blanca South on larger dishes. :Eeek: I think the best advice so far is try tweaking what you have first before spending any more. :thumb:

Gandia is actually 27 miles north of Javea.

Mike

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Anyone tried BBC I Player Radio ?? Worked when I arrived here but now no go !! Have they messed with that too ??? Have always been able to access all over the world !!

ronita

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
since 2007
No ITV now in Torre del Mar near Malaga went off this morning

Millibobs

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Sax Alicante area Spain
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since 2004
Still have all progs.

For whatever reason fingers crossed we still have BBC Channels down in the Costa Blanca Spain:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

Hola
We live in Sax above Alicante on the Madrid motorway and we still have strong signal on all progs. We have a 1.9 dish though . Sat pc guy is always willing to give advice and his web site is very informative.
::bigsmile:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Yes BBC 1& 2 in Catral but lost ITV and Ch4 , and possibly more, this morning on 1350 dish .

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Dear Mr Pc man

If you click on my profile on here you will see a link to my website which shows where I cover.
Calpe to Valencia (and a bit north to Sagunto) and inland to Alcoy.
So depends where your villa is....

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Don't worry - it has been another long day here -

But, if you have lost Channel 4 in this mornings satellite move, then it may be possible - depending on dish size and location and a sky subscription card , to continue to watch Channel 4 by adding the Irish encrypted version of the channel to your Sky box's "Other Channels" list, using the add channels and frequency 12480 v 27.5 2/3

http://www.satandpcguy.com/blog/2014/02/lost-channel-4-spain-sky-subscriptin-try/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back