LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
just been on a 30 mile warm ujp run, come back home for a quick pee, now of tto mot test centre,

dun de dun dun

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
MOT's are one of the most stressful times for me as had some pass I thought would be issues and others I expected to fly through torn to piece's :winky:

Wishing you a pass:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
My car goes in for service and MOT next week and if it passes it's going to be advertised for sale. Otherwise will need to be fixed and then sold.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
My car goes in for service and MOT next week and if it passes it's going to be advertised for sale. Otherwise will need to be fixed and then sold.

mine as well (serivce/mot not sale), but I worry over the motorhome more for some daft reason

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
mine as well (serivce/mot not sale), but I worry over the motorhome more for some daft reason

A car is a car. As long as it goes from A to B safely that's all that matters. A motorhome is more personal - it's like someone is judging / scoring your home.

Selling my car as my other half is going part time from 1st April and will be home based for two of the three working days. The other day is an Edinburgh day. No buses here but I can manage one day a week with no car. It also means that the NCB on my car can be transferred to the motorhome when we get it.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
A lot of insurance companies will mirror your NCD so you get discount MH insurance. Mine did, C&CC insurance.
Allan

Since we don't have an MH yet we haven't even looked at insurance. I know when we last had one we had a "mirror" policy. The insurance for the MH was a lot less than for the car then.

I don't need the car any longer and the money saved from not running it will go towards the MH kitting out. Actually I'll be glad to be shot of it and although it has been reliable it has had a lot of minor niggles so I wouldn't sell it to anyone I know. I've had a quote for the well known people who buy any car so know the minimum to accept.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
MOT passed with flying colours……yippee:Smile::Smile:

It can stop raining now please.

Congratulations.
Nothing ( almost) can compare to that feeling of driving home with a brand new MOT certificate ( even though its just a sheet of text nowadays)
Allan

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
agreed....mirrored ncb means they allow the same discount without transfering from car to motorhome and losing ncb on the car

We were caught out by Saga, they said I could use my 9 year NCB then changed their mind when we signed up, left hand not knowing right hand etc.

So don't think saga do, of course we then got the new van on the Saturday, reversed into wall on Wednesday. £3,500 claim. :Doh: so we had other things to worry about. it's had a knock on effect as we have 4 family cars on a multi car policy so premiums up on those too:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back