LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Now that all of UK Free Sat TV ( worth watching) is no longer available in the South of Spain, will it start a mass migration further north?

Certainly, some here, who are with wheels, are on there way up there, or packing up to go.

Good news for the sites in the Costa Blanca I fancy. No doubt if it does happen in any numbers the pitch fees will rise up there.

:Cool:

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Forgive me, but why go to Spain in the first place if watching UK TV is your main reason for going. Learn Spanish and watch local TV?

I hope everyone down here does go North, more room for us!!!:thumb:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
when in Rome they have to learn English her the problem with brits thar lazy :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Forgive me, but why go to Spain in the first place if watching UK TV is your main reason for going. Learn Spanish and watch local TV?

I hope everyone down here does go North, more room for us!!!:thumb:

Have you ever watched Spanish TV.?:RollEyes:

Many of us don't live here, but do come here for the winter, many of us do speak Spanish and eat Spanish food, and have Spanish friends.

We are not on holiday! This is a way of life.

We don't party every night, or sit out on barmy nights drinking wine, as you may or may not be aware, winter nights in Spain, can be long and cold.

So UK TV is a chance to catch up with whats going on at home and many of us used to listen to Radio 4 in the mornings and evenings which has also gone.

Last edited:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I think people are more likely to go north because of the cold, incredibly windy weather down South. We are in La Manga and have never spent as much time in the motorhome. Since yesterday, when our Kampa awning was blown away, we dont even have the luxury of sitting out of the wind in the awning.

Still no matter how bad it is down here, it must still be better than at home!

Ginny

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
No problems with English TV or weather here in Benidorm, but it is full to bursting point.

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Have you ever watched Spanish TV.?:RollEyes:

Many of us don't live here, but do come here for the winter, many of us do speak Spanish and eat Spanish food, and have Spanish friends.

We are not on holiday! This is a way of life.

We don't party every night, or sit out on barmy nights drinking wine, as you may or may not be aware, winter nights in Spain, can be long and cold.

So UK TV is a chance to catch up with whats going on at home and many of us used to listen to Radio 4 in the mornings and evenings which has also gone.

Been in Spain since October. :thumb:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Been trying to get OH to think about selling up and buying a park home or holiday home in the UK - somewhere to use as a base and use the equity in the house to fund our living costs until our pensions kick in. In the winter we could be somewhere warm(er). I don't do well in the dark and cold.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We came down to Benidorm in November and have had good weather since although Smudger tells me it rains when I fly home for treatment :Cool:.
I wont be travelling north until the footpaths have warmed up in the UK.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I think people are more likely to go north because of the cold, incredibly windy weather down South. We are in La Manga and have never spent as much time in the motorhome. Since yesterday, when our Kampa awning was blown away, we dont even have the luxury of sitting out of the wind in the awning.

[HI]Still no matter how bad it is down here, it must still be better than at home!
[/HI]
Ginny

no it aint......

Up here in north yorks east coast its a bit wet but only a light breeze...a bit like summer really :ROFLMAO:

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
Now that all of UK Free Sat TV ( worth watching) is no longer available in the South of Spain, will it start a mass migration further north?

Certainly, some here, who are with wheels, are on there way up there, or packing up to go.

Good news for the sites in the Costa Blanca I fancy. No doubt if it does happen in any numbers the pitch fees will rise up there.

Life`s too short IMHO to waste it watching Telly when away with your MH. Whatever language it comes in.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Life`s too short IMHO to waste it watching Telly when away with your MH. Whatever language it comes in.

If your away for 6,7,8,9,10, months of the year, as some are, cards and dominoes get a bit boring at night after a while. I always had TV, but managed without internet connection for years. I can't imagine life without both now. Whats the point of having an all singing, all dancing motorhome with all mod cons and sitting round a radio listening to the BBC world service on a wet night :RollEyes:.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Now it's becoming easier to get the internet abroad, TV and radio are readily available, with a reasonable connection. I got fed up with toting a giant hub cap around and went for a wifi signal booster and router, which you can almost get in your pocket!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Been trying to get OH to think about selling up and buying a park home or holiday home in the UK - somewhere to use as a base and use the equity in the house to fund our living costs until our pensions kick in. In the winter we could be somewhere warm(er). I don't do well in the dark and cold.

Think long and hard about getting a holiday home or park home! They have 'hidden' costs for the unwary when you come to sell them in the future as the owner of the site itself can take a cut of up to 15% of the sale price I believe ... NOT just a portion of the profit but the whole amount!!!! :Eeek: A lot of them are very expensive too! :whatthe:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Many housing associations have a surplus of one bedroom accommodation for over 55 year olds. Guinness Trust near us were advertising for tenants last year. Reasonable rents and security of tenure ...We sold up eight years ago and took a ground floor flat, no maintenance and we can just lock up and go...Many hidden charges with a Park Home...beware. BUSBY::bigsmile:

francour

Free Member
Mar 13, 2012
Pontefract
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
Migration south

Hi N ever buy a static in spain they will rip you off for thousands even English owned by wide boys you are better off on a camp site with a large caravan at least you can move off :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back