Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2009
My last and fairly basic dashboard camera has died so with that in mind what is currently out there?

Links to experience and wishlist

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i have one of these, not expensive and the play back via pc shows video, speed G forces, multi map tracking of route. good clear picture / resolution:thumb:

Attachments

• dashcam.jpg
    dashcam.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 65

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
i have one of these, not expensive and the play back via pc shows video, speed G forces, multi map tracking of route. good clear picture / resolution:thumb:

A link to where you can obtain one would be good.::bigsmile:

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Before you make your mind up which to buy have a look at all the Cameras reviewed by Techmoan - www.techmoan.com

I bought a DR 32 Driving Recorder after seeing his review of the camera and it is easy to set up and use.

There are cheap cameras and expensive cameras that work perfectly well - just buy one that suits the amount you want to spend.

:france::france::france:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I just bought Broken Link Removed for the van.

I bought one similar last year which I now have in the car.

They work OK for what I need - and they will mount either way up so don't have to be mounted at the top of the windscreen with cables routed under lining &c.

Oct 2, 2012
Shoreham by sea
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Iv got the same one as GJH got it last year good as gold does what it says on the box easy to set up Gary

Aug 29, 2012
North Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Panel van conversion
Exp
since 2011
Before you make your mind up which to buy have a look at all the Cameras reviewed by Techmoan - www.techmoan.com

I bought a DR 32 Driving Recorder after seeing his review of the camera and it is easy to set up and use.

There are cheap cameras and expensive cameras that work perfectly well - just buy one that suits the amount you want to spend.

I have bought two of these, one for the motorhome and one for the car, saves having to swap about. They may be a lot cheaper than some but they do work well.:thumb:

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009

Yes I got one of these

had a very cheap one before this, which worked fine in daylight but was cr*p in evening. This one is much better in low light. May not be as good as the expensive ones but its good enough for me

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
These are getting cheaper all the time.
I have one the same as GJH above in my car (now only £35 but more when I bought mine) and it's good and has GPS and speed logging, however its picture quality is not brilliant.
I have a very basic one in the MH which failed to record the reg no of the lorry which smashed my mirror (£1,000 to replace) due to poor image quality, so am looking to replace it.

OP
OP
Biggles

Biggles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2009

Can you post a link?

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
I noted that Graham had said his camera could be fitted either way up. Do any others have this feature. I would much prefer a camera to be fitted at the bottom of the screen than the top which has a strip across the full width.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I noted that Graham had said his camera could be fitted either way up. Do any others have this feature. I would much prefer a camera to be fitted at the bottom of the screen than the top which has a strip across the full width.

The camera I have is the only one I found that will mount both ways up, basically because it clips into a holder.

For the car I use a "bean bag" with a Camera Flash Hot Shoe Mount stuck on with Sikaflex. The GPS receiver is riveted to the front of the bean bag base.

In the van I stuck a plastic circle, obtained with a Garmin sat nav, to the dash tray using Blue Tac. The suction mount sticks to that.

Attachments

• dashcam.jpg
    dashcam.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Camera mount in van.jpg
    Camera mount in van.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 26

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.