Who are the worst motorhome drivers? (1 Viewer)

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
With cars I always stay clear of Volvo drivers give then lots of room.
Is there motorhomes that have a reputation of being bad drivers? (most likely dethleffs!)
Sorry if you drive a Volvo!
Jim

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Dethleff pulling a ........ "Volvo/Audi ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Tea Bag

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The ones that take them to and from shows most likely :roflmto:

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+

Martin

I agree wih that, the drivers taking motorhomes back to their respective dealerships have no respect for the vehicles or other road users and they have a distinct lack of using the indicaters, more to the point they even seem to race each other on occasion, have seen 3 wanting to be the leader of the 'pack' along the M180 when traveling together a couple of times when on my way back from the Lincoln show - they are a nuisence as they suddenly try and pass the one in front among the rest of the traffic as if they were driving their own cars

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Same as any other vehicle driver i.e . the ones with their brains in their boots and possibly not wearing their specs. when they should

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008

Martin

Not ALL of us .. I do this for camper uk and camper ne and can assure you i drive every one as if it is my own. I'm not saying I'm a great driver but I do all i can to deliver these vehicles as would want my own van to be delivered :thumb:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Once saw what appeared to be a driverless Volvo tootling along a country road at 15 mph. It turned into a driveway and a very tiny and very elderly lady got (or rather fell) out pulling her Zimmer-frame out after her.

I saw the same driver and Volvo a few weeks later and realised she was looking through the steering wheel! Bet she was grateful for power steering.:roflmto:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Once saw what appeared to be a driverless Volvo tootling along a country road at 15 mph. It turned into a driveway and a very tiny and very elderly lady got (or rather fell) out pulling her Zimmer-frame out after her.

I saw the same driver and Volvo a few weeks later and realised she was looking through the steering wheel! Bet she was grateful for power steering.:roflmto:

I see you've met my Joyce then:winky::ROFLMAO:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Rapido drivers with a beard and a wife called Judy. :ROFLMAO:

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
g8ysn

i find the one,s that crash have a bad name [generally[:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Swift drivers!!!!

There's so many of the things on the road, the balance of probability is that you are more likely to meet a bad driver in one!!!!::bigsmile:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Any Hymer Driver:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
--
--
--
--

--

--

------------------------ & me:winky:

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Hi,
Was in Dorset last summer and the German driver going the wrong way down a one way street in Beer caused some serious injuries. Not tarring all Foreign drivers with the same brush.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Those that will only buy a motorhome if it has a rear window with uninterrupted views at the rear, so they can see through the interior mirror as they think external mirrors are for drying towels on. Hymer 534 drivers spring to mind.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Anyone called Graham or a Burstner owner, combined even worse...

And if they drink bottle conditioned low alcohol beer even worse...:winky:

But anyone called Jilll is fine...

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
German MH drivers.....never saw one doing less than 80mph+ on the autobahn, never ever buy a used German MH :Eeek:

Norwegian MH drivers ....definately a case of all the gear....no idea. Fast and bad drivers. And in the summer they will turn up at your wild camping pitch at 3 am in the morning to start a barbie and make lots of noise and think that's perfectly normal & acceptable squire. :Eeek:

Italian MH drivers......fast, crap and cannot under any circumstances drive for more than 10 metes in a straight line :Eeek:

Polish MH drivers....luckily hardly anyone in Poland can afford a MH, if they could they would be drunk and crap and aggressive and tailgate everything.

That sums it up for me :thumb: :Doh:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Not ALL of us .. I do this for camper uk and camper ne and can assure you i drive every one as if it is my own. I'm not saying I'm a great driver but I do all i can to deliver these vehicles as would want my own van to be delivered :thumb:
Thats because you work for two dealers who are some of the best in the business:thumb:

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back