Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
After getting our motorhome last October and 4 trips away in it I took it for its mot yesterday and flew threw in fact the garage where I take our car too a swell where very impressed with the good condition it's in underneath and all round mechanically. I must admit I was very nervous about it as it's 18 yo van.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
It is a fact Motor Homes are one of the best maintained vehicles on our roads
they also have one of the highest MoT pass rates to back that up
Maybe its the £000s of pounds invested throughout its life:thumb:
I often wonder what amount of cash changes hands,buying and selling it over the lifetime of a Motorhome:Eeek:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
After getting our motorhome last October and 4 trips away in it I took it for its mot yesterday and flew threw in fact the garage where I take our car too a swell where very impressed with the good condition it's in underneath and all round mechanically. I must admit I was very nervous about it as it's 18 yo van.

The £20.00 note you dropped on the floor might have helped........::bigsmile::winky::winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 29, 2012
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
1990 Gulfstream RV
Exp
30yrs
Transits have been notorious for front bodywork mainly, especially the steps, but thats all stuff you can see from the top. Otherwise they are pretty good in general. Nowadays we see mercs and such doing the parcel job, but a short while since the ol transit was the favourite, so they must have been some bit like really. With the large investment made purchasing a motor home from new, it follows on that people look after them better. I get a good feeling from using an old vehicle to do the same job as a modern one costing the price of a small house.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back