Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

In hopeful expectation of crossing the Channel this year, I thought I'd sus out the essential reading matter.

I found these for sale;

Yes, I know Vicarious are where you should go but you can't blame a guy for trying (JUST LIKE THESE MUPPETS!!!)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Mmmm!!!!! Now lets see.....

£40 off Amazon or £22 from vicarious books.....such a hard decision. :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Mmmm!!!!! Now lets see.....

£40 off Amazon or £22 from vicarious books.....such a hard decision. :Doh:

Yes but if the picture is anything to go by it's the second edition, can be had for a fiver off ebay:Doh:I got third edition for £8
Seems to be some sort of charity thing or something

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Greetings,

In hopeful expectation of crossing the Channel this year, I thought I'd sus out the essential reading matter.

I found these for sale;

Yes, I know Vicarious are where you should go but you can't blame a guy for trying (JUST LIKE THESE MUPPETS!!!)

That's close to bloody dishonest :Eeek:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
What do you make of this one then
Broken Link Removed
Beats me:Doh::Doh:

just tried to 'ask the seller a question'.....the question in mind was,

Have you made a mistake in the pricing as the latest 2013/14 edition is just £22 direct from Vacarious books and the 2007 edition would have been cheaper still.

Ebay response...

We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, due to the high number of emails this seller receives, they aren't able to respond to your specific question right now. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
you think so....then click the link in post 5.......even the book should be wearing a mask. :Eeek:

Strewth £102 for a twenty quid paper book , E Bay should carry some responsibility , it's become a farce:Eeek: it is dishonest robbery

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Strewth £102 for a twenty quid paper book , E Bay should carry some responsibility , it's become a farce:Eeek: it is dishonest robbery

Best of it, it's got two watchers:Eeek: but it is the first edition, is it a collectors item or somthing :Doh:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes I always use the official French Aires book. Never felt the need for one of the English translated ones, the French one is always more comprehensive and up to date than any other. And funnily enough, French addresses are always French even when translated into English ::bigsmile: as are the GPS coordinates.:roflmto:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Yes I always use the official French Aires book. Never felt the need for one of the English translated ones, the French one is always more comprehensive and up to date than any other. And funnily enough, French addresses are always French even when translated into English ::bigsmile: as are the GPS coordinates.:roflmto:

You beat me to it Jim. We have one of each but found the further south we went the less info was in the English version. Makes sense I suppose.

Wyn

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have been looking around this in a bit more depth (nothing better to do:Doh:)
Who buys these books :Doh: you can get the new 4 th edition all the aires, for £22. So why would anyone be paying , £40,£50, even£100 for out of date ones, why are they even for sale at ridiculas prices.
I know it's not important but it's a compleat mystery to me , can anyone explain it.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I believe it's because they are out of print! I have noticed that many o/p books on Amazon have a ridiculous price. I think it's something to do with the second hand book market. Once a book is o/p it is assumed that it is difficult to get hold of so the price escalates.

No problem anyway since this book is not one that has antiquarian value - who wants to know where you could camp 7 years ago! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Catherine

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have been looking around this in a bit more depth (nothing better to do:Doh:)
Who buys these books :Doh: you can get the new 4 th edition all the aires, for £22. So why would anyone be paying , £40,£50, even£100 for out of date ones, why are they even for sale at ridiculas prices.
I know it's not important but it's a compleat mystery to me , can anyone explain it.

especially as the seller appears to be a professional and knowledgable book seller.

Maybe they dont realise its updated each year. :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back