Scrubnuts

Free Member
May 11, 2008
Lomba do Rei Portugal
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
It might be by imagination, but why do i get the feeling that on some forecourts the flow rate seems to be a lot slower than it used to be.
I have a theory that the flow rate has been reduced so that you are lulled into thinking that you are getting more for your money.
When i am fuelling to a set amount (say £20 ) the speed at which the pump reaches my amount can determine how happy i feel about my purchase too quick and i think blimey that didn`t go far, but delivered slower and i think wow! what a lot i got for my money.
I am not the only one as i have spoken to several people who have the same impression.
I am sure the big fuel companies use psychology in their efforts to sell us their products.

Psycho nonsense or what?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
They always seem to be slow, especially when its raining or i am busting for a pee::bigsmile:.

Sounds like a good ploy though, but why would they bother, they know we are gonna buy it

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
talking to a guy filling up a coach (PSV) at the local sainbury's.
said he missed his lunch break putting in 250ltrs it was so slow.....100ltrs....pump stops...go and pay......another 100ltrs...pump stops...go and pay....50ltrs....go and pay :Doh::Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i filled the work van (citroen berlingo) at a bunkering fuel pump.......came out so fast most of it went on the floor :Blush::Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back