The Learning Curve (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I thought I would start a fun thread which is a copy of a page on my blog. If I start it off just copy and paste the entry and add yours. It could be a funny thread but also a useful learning tool for newbies!!::bigsmile:

1. If you start turning out of your drive before the rear wheels are past the gate post you will remove part of your bumper!!

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
1. If you start turning out of your drive before the rear wheels are past the gate post you will remove part of your bumper!!

2. If you drive off without unhooking the mains, there'll be an audible bang and you'll be left with just a plug in your hook-up point.:Doh:

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp

2. If you drive off without unhooking the mains, there'll be an audible bang and you'll be left with just a plug in your hook-up point.:Doh:

3. If you don't pack a long-handled screwdriver you won't be able to repair your plug:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp

3. If you don't pack a long-handled screwdriver you won't be able to repair your plug:ROFLMAO:

4. If you do 2. and 3. in winter, you'd better have plenty of gas.:RollEyes:

Feb 9, 2011
Lytham
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
2. If you drive off without unhooking the mains, there'll be an audible bang and you'll be left with just a plug in your hook-up point.
3. If you don't pack a long-handled screwdriver you won't be able to repair your plug.
4. If you do 2. and 3. in winter, you'd better have plenty of gas.
5. If you dont wind your awning in before a windy night, you will awake to find you no longer own one and big holes in the side of your van.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
If you go HOT! into a corner,no amount of leaning over the bonnet,or hanging out of the door,will stop you rolling over. You should have been on your motor bike:Doh:
Tea Bag.
PS. Have not performed a barrel roll............... yet,but after all these years,when my buttocks clench the seat,i still allow myself a rye smile and shake of the head. "Captain to engine room...MORE POWER !!"

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013

2. If you drive off without unhooking the mains, there'll be an audible bang and you'll be left with just a plug in your hook-up point.*

3. If you don't pack a long-handled screwdriver you won't be able to repair your plug*

5. If you dont wind your awning in before a windy night, you will awake to find you no longer own one and big holes in the side of your van.

6. Toilet bowls swivel if needed so you don't need to leave the door open and your legs in the corridor!! :Blush:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
2. If you drive off without unhooking the mains, there'll be an audible bang and you'll be left with just a plug in your hook-up point.
3. If you don't pack a long-handled screwdriver you won't be able to repair your plug.
6. If you have the facility to divert heating into your waste tank, don't divert it into a nearly full tank of dirty water, it stinks after 24 hours!

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Toilet talk

6. If you have the facility to divert heating into your waste tank, don't divert it into a nearly full tank of dirty water, it stinks after 24 hours!
7.(ish) be careful using your Thetford up a mountain. You might just get your own back!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
7.(ish) be careful using your Thetford up a mountain. You might just get your own back!!
8.If you go HOT! into a corner,no amount of leaning over the bonnet,or hanging out of the door,will stop you rolling over. You should have been on your motor bike
Tea Bag.
PS. Have not performed a barrel roll............... yet,but after all these years,when my buttocks clench the seat,i still allow myself a rye smile and shake of the head. "Captain to engine room...MORE POWER !!"
9. Don't bother plugging anything in to the 3 pin sockets when not on electric hook up. You are wasting your time as the leisure batteries only power the 12v sockets :ROFLMAO:

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
8.If you go HOT! into a corner,no amount of leaning over the bonnet,or hanging out of the door,will stop you rolling over. You should have been on your motor bike
Tea Bag.
9. Don't bother plugging anything in to the 3 pin sockets when not on electric hook up. You are wasting your time as the leisure batteries only power the 12v sockets :ROFLMAO:
10. Make sure the Omnistep is out, before stepping out of the habitation door :Doh:

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
Funster No : 28914
Interests: Motor Racing, Photography, Wildlife
MH Type: Hi-Top
MH Model: Swift Freestyle 630L
Years Motorhoming: Since 2011

icon1.gif

Tea Bag.
10. Make sure the Omnistep is out, before stepping out of the habitation door :Doh:
11. When wilding, and parking in the dark, ensure that you are not parked parallel to the edge of a cliff. The very long step down, early in the morning can be quite traumatic:Eeek:

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp

icon1.gif

Tea Bag.
11. When wilding, and parking in the dark, ensure that you are not parked parallel to the edge of a cliff. The very long step down, early in the morning can be quite traumatic:Eeek:
12.when leaving site always check you have not left anything behind on your pitch. Do NOT drive 50 miles and discover you have left your electric cable on the grass.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
12.when leaving site always check you have not left anything behind on your pitch. Do NOT drive 50 miles and discover you have left your electric cable on the grass.

When going to bed pissed dont moan when your head hurts next morning

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Tea Bag.
9. Don't bother plugging anything in to the 3 pin sockets when not on electric hook up. You are wasting your time as the leisure batteries only power the 12v sockets
10. Make sure the Omnistep is out, before stepping out of the habitation door
11. When wilding, and parking in the dark, ensure that you are not parked parallel to the edge of a cliff. The very long step down, early in the morning can be quite traumatic

13. Always check the toilet cassette is actually there before using the loo, the other half may be in the process of emptying it! You can usually tell by the cold draft, but if in a hurry you might not notice :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
It's not quite working getting every one to copy and past before adding their experience as some are getting missed off so just show yours and everyone will have to read all the posts ::bigsmile:

So here goes another of my learning curves:

When you are running off the leisure batteries and the power appears to keep tripping out you don't have an electrical fault you have flat batteries!:Blush:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013

icon1.gif

Tea Bag.
[HI]11. When wilding, and parking in the dark, ensure that you are not parked parallel to the edge of a cliff. The very long step down, early in the morning can be quite traumatic[/HI]:Eeek:

Ouch, that made us laugh out loud, hope you weren't hurt. I could just picture it in my head :ROFLMAO:

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Ouch, that made us laugh out loud, hope you weren't hurt. I could just picture it in my head :ROFLMAO:
It must have been a hell of a big cliff - there's a two hour gap between falling out and hitting the bottom (check the entries on Page 2):ROFLMAO:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Tea Bag.
9. Don't bother plugging anything in to the 3 pin sockets when not on electric hook up. You are wasting your time as the leisure batteries only power the 12v sockets
11. When wilding, and parking in the dark, ensure that you are not parked parallel to the edge of a cliff. The very long step down, early in the morning can be quite traumatic
13. Always check the toilet cassette is actually there before using the loo, the other half may be in the process of emptying it! You can usually tell by the cold draft, but if in a hurry you might not notice.
14. If, like me, you normally fill the fresh water tank before leaving home, don't forget that in winter, if it's very cold, the Truma safety dump valve may open and by the time you arrive, the fresh tank will be empty. Arrange some kind of clip to keep the valve shut whilst travelling (then don't forget to take it off) or fill up when you arrive.

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Tea Bag.
13. Always check the toilet cassette is actually there before using the loo, the other half may be in the process of emptying it! You can usually tell by the cold draft, but if in a hurry you might not notice.
14. If, like me, you normally fill the fresh water tank before leaving home, don't forget that in winter, if it's very cold, the Truma safety dump valve may open and by the time you arrive, the fresh tank will be empty. Arrange some kind of clip to keep the valve shut whilst travelling (then don't forget to take it off) or fill up when you arrive.
15. Make sure you have enough diesel in your tank before that exploration of the wilds of England :Eeek:

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
15. Make sure you have enough diesel in your tank before that exploration of the wilds of England :Eeek:

16. Make sure that when it is raining you close the very large Heki above he overcab bed. Just because you can't feel the rain coming in through the blind doesn't mean it isn't :Doh:
Apologies I haven't worked out how to copy the whole thing on my IPad. sorry

Last edited:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
17. If a manic driver is right behind you frantically flashing his lights, understand that he is trying to tell you something - that you have omitted to lock and secure your hatches, and sundry items are strewn across the A37 between Saltford and Ston Easton! Better still, check they are locked before you leave home! :roflmto:

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
[HI]It must have been a hell of a big cliff - there's a two hour gap between falling out and hitting the bottom (check the entries on Page 2[/HI]):ROFLMAO:

Nice one, and yes it was, but I was OK. Thank you. :thumb:

...............................................................The door is on her side:Eeek:

But she was fine...............................................

........................................................................She landed on her head!:Doh:

Last edited:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Check that cupboard doors are shut properly, so they don`t open and things are falling out as you are driving along.

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
A scissor jack is not sufficient when trying to remove a wheel. A scissor jack and several pieces of wood are also not sufficient!! :Doh: As witnessed by a few Funsters at Newark :Blush:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Make sure you keys are not in the top pocket when emptying the poo cassette as fishing around the cesspit is not the "done thing":ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Make sure you keys are not in the top pocket when emptying the poo cassette as fishing around the cesspit is not the "done thing":ROFLMAO:

Ooooh that's awful, rather you than me. I don't think I could have fished them out but then again that's what husbands are for. (I cook, he empties the toilet) :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back