Free Member
Jun 19, 2013
Irlam, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Does anyone have any feedback on Dick Lane Motorhomes? I've been dealing with Stephen there on a Hymer Van and interested in opinions. Most of what I could find on the web seemed positive enough.

Also here is the van I'm looking at.

Broken Link Removed

So I welcome any comments !

Cheers,
Mark,

Last edited:

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
I'll be as interested as you Mark. Currently they have not a single review on our Motorhome Dealer Review site. Either they are not selling any, or they refuse to sell to Funsters.

Or it might be that [HI]hose Funsters[/HI] that have used Dick Lane Motorhomes haven't taken the time to write a review yet:Smile:

Hose Funsters?

Are they the retired fire-fighter Funsters Jim?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
I've never used the, but I know they have traded from that same site for 40 years at least. I doubt they would have lasted so long if they were dodgy.

Upvote 0

Daedalus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2013
North Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Someone must have used them!

I met Stephen quite a few years ago when looking to change my van - I'd known of him through the Motorhome List, with which he used to correspond over a period of some years. Stephen came across as knowledgeable and honest, and, when we visited to look at his sale vehicles, there was no pressure and lots of good advice, even though in the end we didn't buy from him.

As has been said, Stephen has been trading from the same site for a long time, so he must be ding something right.

Purely a personal opinion and I hasten to add, I have no connection with the business.

Daedalus

Upvote 0
Oct 22, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
I had some work done by the service department some time ago and was very satisfied. However when I wanted to part exchange with them they kept me waiting and I then completed a deal elsewhere. 24hrs later they rang to make a offer.
Probably 10/12 years ago so not much use.

They always seem to have a good stock of used vans and new vans available.

Upvote 0

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
when looking for a new van in 2008 i found him to be a very nice and knowledgeable man .no pressure .i did not buy from him as we wanted a fiat cab and he was promoting a renault ..he got that right no water and gudder with renaults :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
thraxugrut

thraxugrut

Free Member
Jun 19, 2013
Irlam, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Hi all,

I thought that I would take the time to follow up my original post with my thoughts of purchasing through Dick Lane Motorhomes. (it's truly amazing how little time you can find when holidaying for 18 months)

The short version: Great dealer. Genuinely friendly, knowledgeable and no pressure sales experience. Great after sales support.

The long version: As a bit of background I've worked as a pre sales consultant for 18 years, and in my time have met plenty of "salesman". This experience led me to enter the purchasing engagement with perhaps an excessive amount of pessimism, all of which was dissuaded by Stephen.

Stephen from Dick Lane Motors is, in my opinion, a genuinely nice guy, he's not just using 'friendly' as a sales tool, shown most obviously by the same level of interest shown post sales as there was pre-sales, to the point of him taking my partner and I shopping for a suitable microwave weeks after the deal was completed.

While I'm hesitant to list all that Stephen has done for us pre and post sale (not wanting to set unsustainable expectations) I can say that Stephen was more than happy to entertain my requirements including driving us to a weigh bridge to ensure payload, and having an independent hab and motor check performed amongst others.

So I guess in closing (need to pick up the missus who is out shopping) I unreservedly would recommend anyone to deal with Stephen from Dick Lane motorhomes.

I'll look into the dealer recommendation pages also and see what can be done there :thumb:

Cheers,
Mark

Upvote 0

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Stephen fixed our heater quite a few years ago and was very knowledgeable. He also took us to the station since we hadn't been expecting to leave the van at that point. I would have no fears going to them again. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Upvote 0

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Is there a specific section for MOT's or garage recommendations ?
Found Moderna MOT Ltd to be superb!
Easy access and parking
No problem with large vans
Honest and not looking for work

Passed my van and pointed out that my offside ball joint has play but not enough to fail. So I can replace it at my leisure.
£45 and took half hour :thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back