What is reasonable? (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
About to set off next month in mh and will be away in Greece for several months. The mh is still under warranty until 2015. My question is, if anything major goes wrong with the motorhome including habitation whilst we are away, can we expect the dealer/warranty provider to allow us to get it fixed abroad and reimburse us? Or am I being naïve?

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I bought my motorhome in the U.K and took it back to France, where I was living. There were 2 minor problems. The dealer sent a new door lock, friend fitted it for free, and the waste ( which had been electronic) couldn't be fixed so they paid for a local mechanic to make a part and fix it.

This is only my experience though and motor dealers seem to be a law to themselves.

I would ask the dealer, get their answer in writing, but as a motorhome is made to be used away from home, you could make this point to them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
It it is a brand new vehicle, the mechanical side should be covered under the cab/chassis manufacturers without any problem.

The habitation side appliances etc you should be able to go to the local service centre under their warranty.

Depends on where you are, what the problem is and how sympathetic/helpfull your supplying dealer is.

Peter

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
It it is a brand new vehicle, the mechanical side should be covered under the cab/chassis manufacturers without any problem.

The habitation side appliances etc you should be able to go to the local service centre under their warranty.

Depends on where you are, what the problem is and how sympathetic/helpfull your supplying dealer is.

Peter
It's not brand new, it's a 2010 and we bought it in Nov 2013 but negotiated an extended warranty.
Local service centre????? How far into southern Europe would you expect there to be a local service centre as we will be spending a few months in Crete?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It's not brand new, it's a 2010 and we bought it in Nov 2013 but [HI]negotiated an extended warranty[/HI].
Local service centre????? How far into southern Europe would you expect there to be a local service centre as we will be spending a few months in Crete?

It could be an insurance based warranty - best bet is to double check exactly what it is first, if it IS an insurance based one I don't think that will have any 'restrictions' on it to say you have to go back to the supplying dealer, if not, then you'll need to ask your dealer the question.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back