Free Member
Nov 30, 2008
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express 6 birth
Exp
Since 1970 first van converted police van
Hi we are going to be traveling around in Europe this year in our little camper,
we use Propane at moment, can take some spares but they are the small dumpy Botts don't want to take too much gas in trailer because of the danger in case of accident, so what is the best thing to do no room for bigger bottle,
some one told me that you can a bottle in Europe and get deposit back when you leave the country Can anyone tell me if this is correct please.

Regards George

SoapyTutti

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
"I'm a newbie"
George,

Down here in Spain you can get a Spanish bottle and adaptor for around 18 euro gas is around 78 cents a litre at the moment shame you can't get gaslow fitted it would be ideal.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We have a little camper, and we have 2 x 11kg gas it refillable bottles. :thumb:

http://www.gasit.co.uk/index.php?_a=category&cat_id=2&page=all

In france its easy to buy a gas bottle, you could get your deposit back, but its only about a euro. ::bigsmile:

In spain is not so easy to buy one with a contract, but easy to buy one at a rastro or charity shop, then take it to a garage and exchange for a full one. :Smile:

But I would say refillable bottles are the way to go if your touring.
We have had them for 8 years and never had any problems with the bottles or refilling them in France Holland Denmark Germany Spain or Portugal. :thumb: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

Contrary to what has been said, in Spain you can hire (buy) a 6kgs butane bottle from Repsol garages of which there are thousands.
You will need a reg. or adaptor to fit on top of it and depending which you need (if its a reg then they are available with a spigot to which you can attach a rubber tube, or, if its an adaptor you need then the pigtail you need is a British type Butane with a left hand thread female nut.)
The bottle is lightweight and similar in shape to a BP bottle but smaller.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I thought you might be interested in this which I posted on another forum, obviously if you went for a 6kg bottle it would be a bit cheaper

I've had a shuftie on the Hamilton website and to get a single 11kg bottle with an in-locker fill point (ie including a mounting bracket) would cost £243:

£114 = 11kg bottle
£66 = filling kit (with SS hose)
£18 = bracket
£45 = Connection SS hose

Link Removed

I've also had a look at the Gasit site and you can get what you need there for an 11kg single system for just £171:

£161 = Kit including 11kg bottle, filling kit, mounting bracket
£10 = connection hose

http://www.gasit.co.uk/index.php?_a=product&product_id=379

However, this is for standard rubber hoses, not the SS ones, so if you wanted those you'd need to enquire how much it would add to the cost.

So, for around £170 you could get a refillable 11kg system which makes the cost much more reasonable!

When we got our single 11kg in-locker fill system with SS hoses from Gaslow it cost us around £242 (DIY) and if we had to replace it in the future I'd certainly consider the above suppliers!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If you've only a small gas locker Gaslow do a 6Kg refillable bottle. Not sure whether any of the other suppliers do one this size, I know Alugas don't.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
can take some spares but they are the small dumpy Botts don't want to take too much gas in trailer because of the danger in case of accident

It might be wise to check out the requirements for the ferry/Eurotunnel on how you have to SECURE the bottles, to stop them moving around/so they can't be turned on by someone etc - if you do have to put some in your trailer I would think if it is a rigid one you might be okay, but if a fabric covered one I would doubt it.

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
Hi,
Has anyone found a UK supplier for the new Euro adapter? tried 'Surfing'
No Joy! Annoying I bought three different ones last year and now they come up with another one. Any help appreciated..
Best Regards Mac

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi,
Has anyone found a[HI] UK supplier for the new Euro adapter?[/HI] tried 'Surfing'
No Joy! Annoying I bought three different ones last year and now they come up with another one. Any help appreciated..
Best Regards Mac

LPG Euronozzle
Broken Link Removed

and some useful info LPG Spain and Portugal

Broken Link Removed

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYvAD2naC_s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYvAD2naC_s[/ame]

Last edited:

DocHoliday

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
5 years
How common is the euronozzle these days throughout western Europe? It's been a while since I ventured further than France, where the pump guns don't seem to have changed for years.

I have a Repsol cylinder for Spain, so don't need a euronozzle there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back