Revelation!! (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Husbands job is to empty cassette - my job is to clean it properly. Hubby did mention that he thought there was some loo paper stuck inside when he last emptied it.
So into utility room this morning to 'do the deed'. Cassette won't fit under the tap in utility sink so I always use an empty wine bottle with hot water in it and pour it into the 'emptying tube' several times. Lots of shaking it about and flushing it out again but still couldn't tell if there was any loo paper left in it as you can't see round the bend of the 'emptying tube' can you?
Then............................revelation ..........................discovered a
button and a sliding flap at the back of the cassette ......................................DUH!!!! :Doh::Doh::Doh:
Really, I don't think I'm fit to own a motorhome!!!!!! :Blush:
Bit embarrassed to be posting this on the Tech/Mech forum!!

Last edited:
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I fill mine up from the bath, as I don't have a utility room! Luckily it fits happily under the bath tap to fill up with hot water + bio detergent and lays in the bath to soak. :thumb:

Catherine

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I don't even empty mine. I threw a dead rat in it 2 years ago and it now works like a well infested septic tank. Ok now for a good few years.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
be very careful if you vigorously slop the water about inside to clean, as there are components in there easy to damage. the replacements are not massively expensive, but a real pain and contortion act to fit. imagine getting your hand and lower arm through the opening of the flap. not a pleasant job either

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
be very careful if you vigorously slop the water about inside to clean, as there are components in there easy to damage. the replacements are not massively expensive, but a real pain and contortion act to fit. imagine getting your hand and lower arm through the opening of the flap. not a pleasant job either
Eeuwh! Yucky! Ok - I'll be very careful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We've had both our cassettes from new.
We run them on Tesco biological liquid.
Three rinses is all that is required to make them spotless!:thumb:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
I don't even empty mine. I threw a dead rat in it 2 years ago and it now works like a well infested septic tank. Ok now for a good few years.

The scary thing is Phil.....you may not be kidding:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back