Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Is anyone going to Rally towards the SECC on the 6th February.

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Scottish exhibition conference centre in Glasgow, motorhome show on in Feb

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with

We're going but by train-Hope there will be a good representation by MH dealerships

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We've never managed to get up to this one.........a couple of years ago the weather turned quite bad with snow and we decided not to go at the last minute. They've changed the whole car park now at the SECC, so it's not as easy for big things:roflmto: to park within the car park now......pity.
But we're off up to Edinburgh soon, so probably won't bother going this year again.

If anyone is going and needs somewhere to stay over for a day or two, we stayed at Bankell Farm CL, Milngavie, in November when we went to the SECC........easy walk down to Milngavie railway station and then straight on into the SECC......no need to change trains:thumb:

Bankell Farm CL is a nice spot as well, can recommend it:thumb:

Margaret & Bill

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We are going, not sure which day though. Looking forward to it.

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp

Yes we are -looking to finalise our thoughts and priorities on buying used MH
Ian

OP
OP
Trikimiki

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Might save you a journey, have never seen second hand vans at this show. Although can look round at things u may like and try to get one later.

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Might save you a journey, have never seen second hand vans at this show. Although can look round at things u may like and try to get one later.

That's exactly the plan:Smile::Smile:

OP
OP
Trikimiki

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Good maybe see u there then

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
im going have a look

i think i have everything possible that can go in or on my m/home but there's something missing i just know there is,, so yes il b there come rain or shine,
possibly snow,,,

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Wife and are going on Thursday, just hope that it is better than last years event, not a lot going and various stalls/dealers not attending.
Have heard that some of the English dealers are coming this time so hopefully be better !!
Mind and take your own refreshments on the day, no way am I paying £3.50 for a coffee or £4.50 for a burger ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We have been sent 2 free tickets courtesy of sponsors BC Motorhomes in Ayr::bigsmile:

Last year we went to look at the camping stuff but there was so little there we complained and got a full refund. Got to live up to the name of being called canny scots:Smile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
If any you are taking the motorhome with you try parking at the silence center over the river and just walk over the bridge, this car park is cheaper and has loads of space the last time we where there in the car you could buy a 24 hour ticket and didn't see any signs for no sleeping in Vechile.

OP
OP
Trikimiki

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
If any you are taking the motorhome with you try parking at the silence center over the river and just walk over the bridge, this car park is cheaper and has loads of space the last time we where there in the car you could buy a 24 hour ticket and didn't see any signs for no sleeping in Vechile.

It is council owned so I doubt if it will allow you to park overnight. However there are lots of places to park in Glasgow where you will not be bothered, you will need to 'wild camp' but for a night hardly a problem, and only 2 miles from bridge across river, plus can show you where to park for free within a2min walk of science centre.

One of the joys of living in this great city.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I doubt we will be going this year, being a Glaswegian myself I have parked up on a few places but always interested to find more.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We are planning to attend but just for a day. Not sure which day yet as it will depend on the weather - Saturday or Sunday.

We are just looking as are planning to buy sometime later this year. We'll be meeting up with DD and her partner as they live in Glasgow.

Then on to Harrogate.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
2 free tickets

I have 2 free tickets available for collection from G69 near M73 for the secc show if anyone wants them.

Car parking a total rip off!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Tickets gone now.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We've been going for years but decided not to bother this year. The show was very poor last year. We did take the MH with us the lat two years even though we only lived 30 miles away so that we could make our own lunch and coffees. The prices were ridiculous and nowhere to sit down to relax.
For visitors from outside the region - there is a good wild camping spot beside Loch Semple at Lochwinnoch watersports centre. It's about 16 miles west of the SECC but worth it for the quiet of the place.
They seem to welcome motorhomes - how unusual is that? You can park overnight on a flat car park beside the loch. Good in winter when it's very quiet. For people with dogs there is a great walk beside the loch.

Nethernut

Free Member
Apr 25, 2011
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
We attended yesterday - lot more motorhomes than before, in fact some tuggers were complaining at the shortage of caravans! For us successful day out as we spoke to people with the stuff we wanted to buy and found someone nearer home (well only 150 miles away) who could possibly have all the we need. Didn't feel ripped off for food and drink out in the centre corridor. Only actually purchased one thing - a set of Corelle dishes - but garnered lots of information and made some useful contacts!

jacks girls

Free Member
Feb 12, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm new
We went yesterday too, the usual car park is closed and you have to use a new multi storey but most cars, including us drove round the back to the original car park to be sent back to the new one, however, motorhomes or other tall vehicles will still park at the back. Lots of motorhomes on display, definately more of them than caravans. Wanted to buy an awning but what I actually bought was a whisk, a jumper and tablet!::bigsmile:

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp

Been to our first MH show at SECC-was really worthwhile both to formulate our ideas about critical layout requirements and to knock some unrealistic ideas out

Looking forward to our next one at Harrogate next month
Ian

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
We will be at the SECC tomorrow. Hope the weather is as nice as it has been today but I doubt it.

We're going to Harrogate next month as well - by that time we may be ready to actually buy! We're making a weekend of it, taking our time and going down on the Friday (calling in at a few places on the way) and will be at the show Saturday and Sunday. Hope to meet up with son and his family on one of the days. That way we can see how well the van would suit them should they wish to borrow it at any point.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Been to our first MH show at SECC-was really worthwhile both to formulate our ideas about critical layout requirements and to knock some unrealistic ideas out

Looking forward to our next one at Harrogate next month
Ian

Were there many motorhomes there Ian? Just wondering as if not we will plan to leave just after lunch and call in at Knowepark in Livingston.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
what I actually bought was a whisk, a jumper and tablet!::bigsmile:

Are you wearing the jumper whilst whisking up a batch of tablet. I love tablet....... Mind you don't get the fluff from the jumper into the tablet, it makes it chewy.

Tablet is easy to make in the microwave btw. Recipe on line.

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Were there many motorhomes there Ian? Just wondering as if not we will plan to leave just after lunch and call in at Knowepark in Livingston.

Hi
Didn't of course count them but at a rough estimate I'd say there were 50 to 60 on show
Hope you enjoy it
Ian

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Hi
Didn't of course count them but at a rough estimate I'd say there were 50 to 60 on show
Hope you enjoy it
Ian

Sounds brilliant. I've put camera and notebook in my bag already.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back