Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Has anybody heard yet who the commentators will be on BT Sport for the MotoGP season this year, I have heard it won't be Toby Moody, but await an announcement with baited breath.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Finally decided we're not going to go with BT can't stand the thought of getting involved with that shower of shite again and definitely not paying Sky another £12 .
My son subscribes to moto go site and 3 of us are sharing the cost so we can use the same log in and password and watch it on pc laptop or smart tv wherever we are. Tried it out it works well and is cheaper with 3 of us and bonus no BT.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
does anyone know if any other channels will be showing a highlights program for this season ?

buffallobill

Free Member
Sep 21, 2013
skipton
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since2007
i will not be held to ransom by BT, i would not return to their phone company before they got the moto gp coverage and i definately wont return now,
i think they thought they would get a flood of returning customers who would pay over the odds for their phone line and usage just watch moto gp..:Angry:
they thought they had it all tied up and saw £ signs in their eyes. so i will have to go cold turkey and miss the races..:Sad:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
i will not be held to ransom by BT, i would not return to their phone company before they got the moto gp coverage and i definately wont return now,
i think they thought they would get a flood of returning customers who would pay over the odds for their phone line and usage just watch moto gp..:Angry:
they thought they had it all tied up and saw £ signs in their eyes. so i will have to go cold turkey and miss the races..:Sad:

Same here
BT have to be one of the worst companies in the UK and I refuse to give them one penny of my hard earned

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I have heard the weekend MotoGP team is going to be Ryder, Heuwen, Gavin Emmett, Toseland & Hodgson.

BTW, very impressed with Aleix Espargaro testing:whatthe:!!!

Broken Link Removed

Ian, workshops
www.johnscross.co.uk
01580 881288

Has anybody heard yet who the commentators will be on BT Sport for the MotoGP season this year, I have heard it won't be Toby Moody, but await an announcement with baited breath.

LARRY99

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages
They can't throw a contract away coz a few muppets on the internet aren't happy :roflmto:

TV coverage of MotoGP in the UK
This is a request to Dorna chief Carmelo Ezpeleta by UK MotoGP fans to either switch the 2014 TV rights back to the BBC or to allow Eurosport to show delayed full coverage. In a recent online poll, 90% of UK MotoGP fans said they thought that the new 2014 BT deal was a terrible idea. The general consensus online is that most fans will not sign up to BT which will cut viewing figures severely. Effectively killing MotoGP in the UK. Give us back our motorcycle grand prix sport on TV.

Can,t see the word MUPPET or INTERNET any where above?

I for one have followed motogp for many years ( remember when it was only on Eurosport)
I will also not be held to ransom by the Bungleing Thieves company

I wonder how long it will take the advertising companies to start pulling out after they realise thier potential audience has diminished?

As you may know BT are losing money hand over fist along with thier customers and have thrown a large amount of money at this ( pushing them even deeper into debt) in a last bid to keep the lazy bar£@ds at the top in jobs

I think it will all end in tears? :thumb:

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
TV coverage of MotoGP in the UK
This is a request to Dorna chief Carmelo Ezpeleta by UK MotoGP fans to either switch the 2014 TV rights back to the BBC or to allow Eurosport to show delayed full coverage. In a recent online poll, 90% of UK MotoGP fans said they thought that the new 2014 BT deal was a terrible idea. The general consensus online is that most fans will not sign up to BT which will cut viewing figures severely. Effectively killing MotoGP in the UK. Give us back our motorcycle grand prix sport on TV.

Can,t see the word MUPPET or INTERNET any where above?
Well, the petition is only on the INTERNET.

And a few folk signing that, will not change a legal contract.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I will not be paying either for moto gp this year. I also object the way they lump sports together so if you to watch sport A you have to pay for B and C as well. There must be a way of watching moto gp off of another country satellite just needs somebody to work it out.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I will not be paying either for moto gp this year. I also object the way they lump sports together so if you to watch sport A you have to pay for B and C as well. There must be a way of watching moto gp off of another country satellite just needs somebody to work it out.

I wasn't too bothered as I get plenty of footy matches as well :Smile:

LARRY99

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages
Well, the petition is only on the INTERNET.

[HI]And a few folk signing that, will not change a legal contract[/HI].

[HI]We have a problem with mainstream UK media ignoring requests to let UK race fans know about this petition.....so please email every website, magazine and paper that you can think of[/HI].

So perhaps this did not help. ( the bit on the bottom of the petition)

And as you say nothing can change now as the contracts have been signed

Also as the BT picture comes down your telephone line, only hope nothing goes wrong with it as BT open reach (who are,so I am told ,unobtainable can take months to repair the line) I wish all BT customers a great moto gp season. :thumb: Atb

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
[HI]We have a problem with mainstream UK media ignoring requests to let UK race fans know about this petition.....so please email every website, magazine and paper that you can think of[/HI].

So perhaps this did not help. ( the bit on the bottom of the petition)

And as you say nothing can change now as the contracts have been signed

Also as the BT picture comes down your telephone line, only hope nothing goes wrong with it as BT open reach (who are,so I am told ,unobtainable can take months to repair the line) I wish all BT customers a great moto gp season. :thumb: Atb

Oh dear, you seem to have some personal issues. Your demeanour is dragging me down I'm afraid.
I will have to ignore any more of your posts and negativity.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s

I have searched high and low for a solution up till now unsuccessfully !!
Will try the link Larry provided but have spoken to many friends in the know,both in UK and France without a solution.
I have followed bike racing one way or the other for more than 50 years and think this is the worst decision ever made.Living in France I could get Moto GP on red button and BBC via my "Illegal sky box" only illegal as should not be used outside UK,hah.I subscribe to Eurosport on the iPad so will still get WSB but timings are often hours out.I saw very little Dakar coverage and was never on at the advertised times. I did complain to Eurosport and the reply was live events can often run over schedule.
I am only typing this because I just don't understand!!Ok I know viewing figures are small compared with footy or cricket BUT it ain't a minority sport is it?
How many bikers on here alone,very seldom left with NO option but looks like could be this time,dreadful mistake by Dorna.:Angry:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Peter is going to want to know how you manage to be on here when you should be working Ian :ROFLMAO:

LARRY99

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages
Oh dear, you seem to have some personal issues. Your demeanour is dragging me down I'm afraid.
I will have to ignore any more of your posts and negativity.

Hi yorick, thanks for your comments above,,,
Sorry to dissapoint you, but I don,t have any personal issues ( not even with you, but going by your poster I think many would if it,s true)
If my demeanour is upsetting you, feel free to use the report button or pm me.
Sorry to have dragged you down in two postings ( there may be medication available)
Please feel free to ignore any more of my posts

So unless you know the poster personally ( in this case you do not) please do not post personal comments as it lowers the tone of a great forum thumb:

Have a nice day

Oh and if your passing in your spaceship ,pop in and I,ll take you out for a drink.

NO FURTHER COMMENTS WILL BE MADE BY ME ON THIS MATTER :thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
If I have Peter weighed up he misses nothing :ROFLMAO: he probably has a webcam on the workshop anyway:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back