Is online security as good on a phone and tablet (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
With my desktop pc it has either Norton or windows essentials to use for spyware , online hackers, virus , keyloggers , https ,ect.

I cannot see any of this in my smart phone or on a playbook tablet, can it be safe to look up bank details and other sensitive sites on these :whatthe:

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
With my desktop pc it has either Norton or windows essentials to use for spyware , online hackers, virus , keyloggers , https ,ect.

I cannot see any of this in my smart phone or on a playbook tablet, can it be safe to look up bank details and other sensitive sites on these :whatthe:

Your smartphone can also have (and should have) a security package installed. I use Avast, but many others are available.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
AVG do one which I use on Samsung tablet. :thumb:
I think Apple are a bit restrictive in what you can have on their products.

Wyn.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I have avg free on my smart phone but I also have boxpn which was suggested to me by JJ, good call JJ as all I browse when switched on is private and stops hackers stealing your details , I even use it when using data on my sim card but mostly use it when on wi fi as all can be seen from a wi fi connection I believe?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
AVG Free is available for iOS but probably [HI]only needed if you forward anything to a friend with an Android or Windows machine.[/HI]

:Cool:

don't be complacent...

you should be aware of this..

Broken Link Removed

[HI]Generally, any computer can be 'hacked" if you don't practice "safe Internetting." The iPad is no different in this regard. It's not the device that is being "hacked" - its the signal coming out of your device as you go out to the World Wide Web. [/HI]

So, be cautious when out and about and especially when on a public WiFi access point. Your best protection is a VPN service (a Virtual Private Network). Basically, a VPN makes it so your data leaves the iPad encrypted (making it harder, if not impossible, to grab that data and use it). It adds an extra layer of security.

If you don't use a VPN while in public (but you should!), then be cautious about going to any of your favorite sites, especially those that require password access because they contain sensitive data that you don't want released to others. Don't forget that this includes Mail, because your Mail app uses a password to connect to the server to get your e-mails.

When you do access those secure sites - make sure they start with httpS://, (have that "s" at the end) which signify they are secure sites. This also prevents your data from being "in the clear" and thus accessible.

Again, the key here is to be aware that your computer (including an iPad) always transmit data that can be intercepted if you don't take proper steps. And, this interception is what "hackers" work for. So, take the necessary steps and you'll make yourself a less obvious and accessible target.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Another vote for AVG from me. I use it one phone tablet and laptop
Just put AVG on my phone:thumb:
There was no security on there :whatthe: it`s a bit worrying when it knows where I am at all times and Mr burglar might know I`m not home :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back