LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Sad::Sad: can some of the bursner owners who don't mind me pm ing them come on here please....:Sad: My van is a mess and I am worried it could cost me hundreds to have it fixed despite it being on warranty as told today the warranty won't cover it if it over a certain amount..... and I can't take it anywhere else to have it sorted.... I have lost a prospective buyer because he, quite understandably, doesn't want to buy something that is in the middle of a problem situation. If I can pm you I can ask to find out if it as bad as it sounds, or is it just that I am feeling low and the problem seems worse than it is. Thank you.

Also, can someone point me to the thread where two electrical motorhome garages close to the north west were given to a poster looking for help with his electrics. Many thanks.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Would it be possible to post the problem here ?
I'm sure some folk will throw some ideas at the problem :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Joy,

If you purchased the van from a dealer and he given you a warranty it cannot be restricted in my view under the Sale of Goods Act as to financial limitations.

Suggest you have a chat to your local Consumer Advice Bureau first

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks Lunarman, John, that was the company that I was after .... Hilldweller just phoned me and told me. Thanks Peter, that is worth remembering when I next contact them.

I didn't want to put it on here as I didn't want to bore everyone... the problem goes back to before Christmas, but basically it is that the electro block may be faulty and from the conversation with the vendors today it was sort of intimated that it would not be covered under the warranty as it was so expensive. It is a long story that began with the engine battery going completely dead despite long journeys, long ehu period, and winter sun on solar panel..... it then transpired that wires were connected incorrectly, some wires weren't even connected at all, then fuses had blown possibly because of the latter, and then the display panel not working .... a new display panel being sent but that not working either when I put it on, so fuses need taking out and putting back in and that to me is not so easy as to some of you .....Today I was told I could not take it somewhere local to be seen to as they would charge the vendor too much but taking it to them entails me paying for respite care here first, and also I am on tablets at the moment which mean I am not supposed to drive so there will be a delay. Then it was mentioned that because of other flashing images on the panel, it could be the electro block at fault and that would cost me hundreds of pounds.... I don't understand how to check it so will have to drive it to the vendors but I wanted some background information so that I know what I am dealing with. I don't have hundreds of pounds, as the van took everything I had and more.

I didn't want to bore you all with all this (plus I don't always understand the technical jargon you all use) and the outcome after talking to Brian is that he has given me the name of a company, (the one Lunarman has said about) and if push comes to shove, I may be able to have it repaired by them for less money.. Firstly, I need to talk to the vendor company and take it down to them after I finish the tablets, and I can sort some respite out for mum and see what they say is the problem.

Thanks to everyone who replied .... I will come back on Monday night and let you know if there is anything worthy of posting. :thumb:

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Joy,

First things first. YOU ARE NOT BORING US ALL, OKAY? :thumb:

Secondly, you are in need of help, be it advice, support, or perhaps practical "hands on" from someone near to your location.
Whatever, you are one of us, and we expect you to shout if there is a problem. :Smile:

Unfortunately, Rita and I can't help you, but hopefully others can. The link that Lunarman (John) gave you appears to be the most reliable repairers of the Elektroblok here in the UK. They are in touch with Udo Lang of Schaudt, the makers of the Elektroblok, should there be any unusual servicing/repair issues.

We wish you well with your plight, and hope that you are sorted soon :thumb: ............without any hassle from your dealer. :Angry:

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita. :Smile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I agree with Peter.

I should have thought that if there was a problem with the wiring when you bought the van it should have been spotted by the dealer. In that case they would be responsible for selling something faulty and any warranty limit would not come into it.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I agree with Peter.

I should have thought that if there was a problem with the wiring when you bought the van it should have been spotted by the dealer. In that case they would be responsible for selling something faulty and any warranty limit would not come into it.

That is my opinion and quite correct and if you really want to be bloody minded, read my PM:ROFLMAO:

Peter

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
movan - you have exactly the same van as ours (Burstner Delfin T680) so if there is anything I can help with please don't hesitate to PM me.

If you are having problems with your E-Box then contact A&N Caravan Services in Wales - they will likely be able to repair and replace it. Drop them an e-mail, they are very friendly:
http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk/reich-e-box.php

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
basically it is that the electro block may be faulty and from the conversation with the vendors today it was sort of intimated that it would not be covered under the warranty as it was so expensive.

Sorry to hear you're having so much grief with your van, Joy. :Sad:

If it's still under warranty then I would expect the dealer to sort it out, regardless of cost. You should not have to pay for a third party, no matter how highly recommended, to sort it out. :Eeek:

Unfortunately I have found from my own experience that most dealers (honourable exceptions on this forum, of course) will try to wriggle out of their responsibilities. In which case you have to stand up to them and insist they do the work - and properly! :boxing:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back