1997 Rexhall Vision - House Battery (1 Viewer)

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi to all DIY Funsters - I have had a plea from Brian (on my forum) and I am asking for help on his behalf - whilst he comes across to the forum and registers as a new member................

1997 REXHALL VISION - HOUSE BATTERY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I recently purchased my first RV. Although having an MOT for the last three years it has been on a SORN so the only use it has had is approx 15 miles in that time. I have had to rectify the usual hr contacts and fuel problems due to lack of use. These I have managed to do.

Previously it had been part modified to use 240v mains plus two small solar panels had been added for both the engine battery and I thought the House battery, this has turned out to not be the case.

What I thought was the House battery turned out to be a Battery for the sole use of operating a small Inverter to operate an English TV and seperate DVD player. This showed up over this last weekend whilst camping on an MCC CL just up the road from our patron's current abode, at St Dennis. Whilst blissfully watching TV the lights dimmed and water heater went off, luckily there was just enough voltage left to keep the gas solenoid open on the fridge (7.4 volts).

My dilema is this, in the morning the battery had virtually recovered from solar panel charging, however after disconnecting the engine battery and the Inverter Battery I still had a voltage display on the panel and all the lights worked perfectly. Okay I thought, perhaps someone has connected the gene battery to the House circuit - so I disconnected that. Still I have lights. Okay - disconnect the Solar panels completely on both circuits - I still had power.

So my question is DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE HOUSE BATTERY IS HIDDEN ON THIS VEHICLE?

The engine battery is located adjacent to the engine in front of the passengers feet and my Inverter battery is located in the Right-Hand front locker.

Lastly I would add that I have owned British/European Motorcaravans since 1988 and I am a quite a good Mechanic/Electrician/Plumber and have always managed to do any Mods/Repairs myself until now, this one has me stumped.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
This sounds like the Motor home every one is looking for, free electricity for life:Smile:
given your past experience with Motor homes this is going to be a good un to solve:whatthe:
Not being familiar with your model i can only suggest places to look and my first would be on the side of the chassis rails, on my RV you have to lift one of the entrance steps to find the batteries
if that fails start looking for heavy red cables and try to trace the routes:thumb:
Geo

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: Sometimes they are hidden under the entrance steps or genny compartment. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
moandick

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
My thanks to all posters for their advice. I also attach the response from my member - self-explanatory, really :Blush::Blush::Blush:

"Thanks for the info Dick I rang Karl as you suggested and he came up trumps and I ended up with a red face.

What I thought was solely The generator Starter batteries because of the way they seemed to be wired, turned out to be the House batteries with a take off around the back that i hadn't noticed. They were in fact totaly dry which explains the problem.

All solved now though."

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Glad he got it sorted Dick buts thats not the answer i was waiting/hoping for
I wanted to hear he had removed the body stripped the chassis and suspension and there was NO other battery, but the lights still worked:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back