Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
North East
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
Apparently there is a way of obtaining perfect TV reception whilst a vehicle is in motion...apparently it comes as an "option" package on a car the OH looked at (Not that he is having it) :RollEyes:

Now of course he wants to look into incorporating it into the motorhome as he gets bored during the driving parts. (He doesn't do the driving). Has anyone ever heard of such a beastie? if so how does it work? because I am not convinced that you could pick up a stable terrestrial or satellite signal whilst on the move.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Apparently there is a way of obtaining perfect TV reception whilst a vehicle is in motion...apparently it comes as an "option" package on a car the OH looked at (Not that he is having it) :RollEyes:

Now of course he wants to look into incorporating it into the motorhome as he gets bored during the driving parts. (He doesn't do the driving). Has anyone ever heard of such a beastie? if so how does it work? because I am not convinced that you could pick up a stable terrestrial or satellite signal whilst on the move.

:roflmto: You can't! Save your money

Eddie

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
TV on the move

It is available using a satellite Dome where the dish in the dome tracks the Sat when on the move, they are not cheap, expect to pay £2000 plus including installation, do a search online for Sat Domes (In Motion), there is plenty of choice.
Cheers:Smile::thumb:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
It is available using a satellite Dome where the dish in the dome tracks the Sat when on the move, they are not cheap, expect to pay £2000 plus including installation, do a search online for Sat Domes (In Motion), there is plenty of choice.
Cheers:Smile::thumb:

I sell them, my answer is still the same! :winky:

Eddie

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
What about just watching a dvd or programmes recorded on the pvr on the tv as you are travelling? We have a Finlux 12v combi tv with pvr function & hope to be able to use it that way sometimes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
May seem a bit radical but radio on low and talk to each other:thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Snooper S7000 Ventura sat nav!
Push a button and it turns into a freeview tv - great if youre in a traffic jam!!!
good money raiser for the police and government catching people watching tv etc whilst driving

the main issues are different transmitters and frequencies in different areas or obscured view of satellite if you go that way. one of the businesses best installers has already given the opinion that youre wasting money. a qualified opinion like that is worth a fortune

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
of course :Doh: tv over internet would work using a mifi or tethered phone. heavy on the data usage though so may be very expensive

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back