Free Member
Dec 28, 2013
Sotogrande
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis
Exp
Since 2004
:Smile:My quest for a new home has begun !!!!

Been looking at Autotrail, Swift KonTiki and the Argos but wanted to see if anyone has any other suggestions :Smile:

I have got a Pilote Atlantis A8 which is great but need something abit bigger......

This is my list of things I need:

To sleep 4
Big garage with two full size doors
Fixed bed above the garage
Full size cooker
Full size fridge
LHD !!
Pleanty of storage inside and out
Large lounge area.... dinning table not really needed

Got a budget of 60k but could go to further if needed ::bigsmile:

Off to the NEC Motorhome Expo next month for the weekend so really wanted to get some idea of companies to look at

THANK YOU ::bigsmile:

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
If you go on www.outandaboutlive.co.uk and click on the link "motorhome buyers guide" you will then see a link for layouts where you can stipulate certain criteria and it will show you which models match. This may help you to create a short list of models. I have just bought a Hymer B774 which matches all your criteria apart from a full size cooker as it has the smaller oven you see in a lot of motorhomes. You may not get everything you want so it could be that you need to arrange your "wants" in order of importance. Happy hunting. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
:Smile:My quest for a new home has begun !!!!

Been looking at Autotrail, Swift KonTiki and the Argos but wanted to see if anyone has any other suggestions :Smile:

I have got a Pilote Atlantis A8 which is great but need something abit bigger......

This is my list of things I need:

To sleep 4
Big garage with two full size doors
Fixed bed above the garage
Full size cooker
Full size fridge
LHD !!
Pleanty of storage inside and out
Large lounge area.... dinning table not really needed

Got a budget of 60k but could go to further if needed ::bigsmile:

Off to the NEC Motorhome Expo next month for the weekend so really wanted to get some idea of companies to look at

THANK YOU ::bigsmile:

We had all that in our Autotrail chieftan, very good van, was very happy with it, only reason we changed was due to two border collies play acting at being a pair of slippers. (needed to be where we were) so ended up for the optimum space and went RV.

You will def get one within your budget too, Signatures in Wolverhampton is a very good place to start, probably not need to look any further than that!
Happy Hunting :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
You are unlikely to get an Autotrail or Kontiki in LHD, got plenty of those in RHD. New or Pre-owned

Other problem you will have is keeping a UK registered van in Spain

Peter

OP
OP
DogShowDiva

DogShowDiva

Free Member
Dec 28, 2013
Sotogrande
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis
Exp
Since 2004
Thank you everyone ::bigsmile:

Getting my list sorted ...

With ref to Spain I have my motorhome reg etc at my UK addresss as it is on UK plates.... I have a full timers policy from my insurance company .... Do spend quite a lot of time in the UK going to dog shows !!!!

Would not put a UK motorhome on Spanish plates as it cost a fortune ... It was going to cost £3000 to change the motorhome I have at the moment :Sad:

IF I could get a Spanish plated motorhome even better .................

RHD is also a possibility ::bigsmile:

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We had all that in our Autotrail chieftan, very good van, was very happy with it, only reason we changed was due to two border collies play acting at being a pair of slippers. (needed to be where we were) so ended up for the optimum space and went RV.

You will def get one within your budget too, Signatures in Wolverhampton is a very good place to start, probably not need to look any further than that!
Happy Hunting :thumb:

Can you get RV with a big garage, same question re 5th wheel only ask as the OP asked for suggestions with large garage.

Martin

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
The new Burstner Elegance has all you need but I think you might need to add a bit to your £60k.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back