Quarteria market (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Were any funsters at this market on Wednesday , we went and there were vans from everywhere in Europe spoke to quite a few, including some from uk but couldn't see any funster stickers anywhere, was talking to one bloke who had been parked on the market area for a couple of weeks but had to move onto the car park when the market was on, he said you can park there for two euros a night , suppose its common knowledge to you seasoned mhs down there but seemed a good deal to me for anyone who doesn't know:thumb:

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
We were on there for about a month last winter, 2 euros p/n 3 euros for ehu, 1 euro for 100L water, the council built this place about 2 yrs ago before that everyone stayed on the land in front of the fish docks for free ! the locals wanted to stop that,but wanted to the motorhomers to stay and help the local economy, the councils solution was to open this place !!! fantastic attitude in my opinion, it's probably payed for itself many times over, they ask you to leave every wednesday so the market can be held BUT provide FREE overnight parking right next door. Villamoura is just a short walk along the seafront, it's one of our favourite places in Portugal

campingcar9

Free Member
Nov 29, 2011
new milton
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1978
Quateira

love Quateira have stayed many times on the campsite but the pitches are awful uneven ,lucky if you get a level one .I am disabled my husband pushes me in a wheelchair the market site sounds ok for us but is the anywhere to empty the cassette any info would be much appreciated .Maureen & David many thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
love Quateira have stayed many times on the campsite but the pitches are awful uneven ,lucky if you get a level one .I am disabled my husband pushes me in a wheelchair the market site sounds ok for us but is the anywhere to empty the cassette any info would be much appreciated .Maureen & David many thanks

It's purpose built, so its got all you would need, a toilet block, elsan point , grey water empty point all free, water fill up 1 euro, ( based on last years stay) very flat, level, and secure I think the gates shut at about 10pm, there's a bar over the road that does decent food/drink and free wi-fi :thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
It's purpose built, so its got all you would need, a toilet block, elsan point , grey water empty point all free, water fill up 1 euro, ( based on last years stay) very flat, level, and secure I think the gates shut at about 10pm, there's a bar over the road that does decent food/drink and free wi-fi :thumb:

It's actually at Font Santa just outside Quarteria and can be seen with many others if you click the link in my signature and go to Aires page.

And a Lidl supermcardo just round the corner. :thumb:

We could be there next week. :sin:

Last edited:
OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It's actually at Font Santa just outside Quarteria and can be seen with many others if you click the link in my signature and go to Aires page.

And a Lidl supermcardo just round the corner. :thumb:

We could be there next week. :sin:

Can't seem to get your maps to open , just a white square, been to adobe and it says you can't download it to this ipad, but I have got java enabled, pity as it seems a good site:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We've been there a lot waiting for Terry bike to be delivered over the last month or so after his bike was stolen in Quarteria.
Don't let that put you off though it's a lovely place.
Lovely long promenade with many shops and also many in the town.
The warden often locks the toilets because people steal the water from them.
He shuts the main gates but doesn't lock them, you can come in and pay on the way out in the morning.
It's very flat with water and an Elsan dump.
2e for electric 2e. for water 2e for the pitch.
Very reasonable I'd say.

A bus passes the gates and stops outside lidl which is around 100m away and it goes to Faro one way and albufeira the other stopping at Quarteria on the way, the warden says it's 2.60e to get to Quarteira, not sure if that's one way , he had to bus it to work on a very rainy day.

Just put the gypsy market in Google map, that will get you there,(or lidl, Quarteira) as said you have to get off this Aire Tuesday 12pm ready for the market on Wednesday only next door to a massive car park for free parking for the Tuesday night then you can get back on Wednesday around 5pm.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Can't seem to get your maps to open , just a white square, been to adobe and it says you can't download it to this ipad, but I have got java enabled, pity as it seems a good site:cry:

You can view it directly in Google Maps if you follow this link. https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zV-KbALFzBDE.kVJBk-ydYt1I

One of my next jobs when I get a decent access is to move the site to a new system in HTML that Moonfruit (the company that provides the site) has set up so that may solve the issue with Java.

It will change a few things to start with and that is why I haven't done it yet as it's an ongoing project, so, watch this space.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back