Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
What sort of price have people paid for a dog passport ?
Our Westy already has a chip, we have been quoted prices between £80 :thumb:and £150:Doh: !!!

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
What sort of price have people paid for a dog passport ?
Our Westy already has a chip, we have been quoted prices between £80 :thumb:and £150:Doh: !!!

thats about standard prices:Sad: it includes Rabies vacination

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
I would advise going to see the Vet you usually take your dog to and get them to do the Pet Passport process.

The cost of issuing the Pet Passport should be around £35 and rabies vaccination between £30 - £40.

If it's considerable more try another Vet – ringing round is the easiest way.

There are very great discrepancies in prices and if your Vet charges much more than the prices I've quoted then there may be a chance that they are charging you more than other Vets when you visit for other dog issues.

:france::france::france:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The passport will last a long time as it only needs to be renewed when it's full, so as long as you don't take lots of short trips it's not such bad value.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Recently been quoted:
£40 for passport
£40 for rabies jab
£32 for tapeworm treatment

Those prices per dog.
Apparently the wife doesn't need one :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Vote with your wallet !!

I would advise going to see the Vet you usually take your dog to and get them to do the Pet Passport process.

The cost of issuing the Pet Passport should be around £35 and rabies vaccination between £30 - £40.

If it's considerable more try another Vet – [HI][HI]ringing round is the easiest way.[/[/HI][/HI]SIZE]

There are very great discrepancies in prices and if your Vet charges much more than the prices I've quoted then there may be a chance that they are charging you more than other Vets when you visit for other dog issues.

:france::france::france:

Thanks for that:thumb: I have rung around and obtained those prices. Our usual vet (Vets for pets) was the highest, they recently charged us £18 for a product that is over the counter at £3.50.:Angry: So we will be going for the £76 (£40 for rabies jab and £36 for the paperwork etc. ) one that is a reputable vet and changing allegiances !:Cool::Cool::Cool:

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
You should not need a tapeworm tablet until you return to the UK. Going out the customs dont bother but it must have being done before you return and passport stamped and signed by a vet ,no signiture no entry . I do know a couple whose husband had to return to france with his dog because he was late for the ferry and assumed he could sort it out once he arrived in the UK .It is worth mentioning before we go away we take the dogs to the vets and they just wave the wand over them to make sure the chip is active ,they have being known to fail ,no charge from the vet just piece of mind as my wife used to panic every time they hand you the wand at costoms for fear of failure.:thumb:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Well worth checking the chip before you set off as the previous poster says to make sure it's active, but also to make sure it is where it was inserted as they have been known to migrate within the dog.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Well worth checking the chip before you set off as the previous poster says to make sure it's active, but also to make sure it is where it was inserted as they have been known to migrate within the dog.

the possport states where the chip is located ( normally between shoulder blades ) and the Vet should scan and check its active when issuing the passport:thumb:

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
As i posted earlier we pop to the vets for a quick scan of the chip every time we go for the ferry .One dogs chip has migrated under his chin ,the other dog is in the place it was put and our cat,s chip has gone down between her shoulder blades lol.The main thing is they all work .:thumb:

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
We got quoted about the same but more interestingly our vet pointed out that in 1 in 8 cases the rabies jab doesn't take the first time - this used to be picked up by a compulsory blood test after and a second rabies jab given - now there's no blood test involved in the pet passport issue process 1 in 8 British dogs could be going abroad with no protection against rabies!:Sad:
It might be belt and braces but we've gone for having 2 rabies jabs just to make sure Toby is covered as not a risk worth taking. Will now be 3 years before next rabies jab needed.

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
As i posted earlier we pop to the vets for a quick scan of the chip every time we go for the ferry .One dogs chip has migrated under his chin ,the other dog is in the place it was put and our cat,s chip has gone down between her shoulder blades lol.The main thing is they all work .:thumb:

Can you remember what , and what it all cost, to process your cat for going abroad

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Just shop around if you can on your way back, prices for the mandatory worm tablet and check up vary wildly. £18 at our vets if we are only going away for a long weekend ( less than 5 days)
We paid over £40 per dog in Limoges ( Bellac) and £23 per dog at Rue ( Somme area) They only need the tablet and passport stamped, they don't really need the full examination and stamp to say they are fit for travel.

Allan

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
To take your cat its the same process as taking your dog and prices are the same .A cat still needs rabies injection just the same as a dog .Vets prices vary but i recon today £50 ish should cover it if you call in at any vet or ring them i am sure they will put you right .It is a very easy process .:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back