Can anyone (French, maybe) help? (1 Viewer)

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Last year (7 moths ago!) in France I had a funny turn. Got taken to hospital by ambulance, was treated in A&E (promptly and efficiently) and was discharged. Prior to treatment was asked about how I would pay and produced EHIC (E111) which was accepted. There was a small charge of less than €20 which I happily paid in cash and was given a receipt. No doubt could have reclaimed it from insurance but didn't bother - I was quite happy to pay it myself.

Having come to the conclusion that it was all over and done with I shredded the receipt last week. :Doh:

Would you believe it I have now (after 7 months!) received the attached documents.

French Hospital form 1.jpg
French Hospital form 2.jpg

To me they appear to be invoices which require payment. My French is extremely schoolboy in nature so am I right and if so how on earth would I go about paying them?

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Wyn

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
You are correct . It is a bill . Are you sure what you paid at the time covered everything ?

Only suggestion I can give is to contact Newcastle ? I think that is who issues your European card and ask their advice. I am sure ths has happened before and they should have an answer for you .

Good job you don't live here in France :) documents and receipts are required to be kept for what seems forever !! At least 10 years :Eeek:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
As you know it's a bill from the Hospital for €23.67. Not sure what for exactly, as the charges are many and very small and I don't know their codes and abbreviations .

However not everything is covered by E111, so you can and do have bills to pay, which is normally where your Insurance comes in.

The payment can be made as they detail on the bill using the SWIFT and IBAN banking info. However it will probably cost you more than the bill to pay it that way. Simplest way is if someone with a French account can write a cheque and post it off for you and you reimburse them.

Sadly I have just recently closed my French bank account or I would have gladly helped.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I am no expert but

That looks suspiciously like the bill we received when Sandra fell off the mountain in Moutier, Switzerland.

Our "E" form did not work either. Devil's own job paying it and then finally recovered from our travel insurance because we have a bank account with Nationwide.
:thumb::thumb:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

The bank would not accept our claim until the bill was paid. Phoned hospital but they would not accept a credit card (But they did on the day for our pre-payment) :Eeek::Eeek:

Took it to my bank to pay, they wanted silly money to do this. :whatthe::whatthe:

In the end just sent them a cheque in Pounds sterling for the amount at that days exchange rate.

Hospital accepted this, bank accepted that the cheque was cashed by the hospital as a receipt.

Money back in our account within a few weeks. ::bigsmile::thumb:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi Wyn!

Just saw your post !

I will send you my e-mail address in a PM , just give me a little while as I'm still working!

I can't see all the détails of the invoice (it is a bill yes) so I need to open it with a zoom option, so only by mail i guess!

Don't worry i will sort this out in 2 minutes time tomorrow ! Will ring the hospital!
If necessary I'll pay it so just relax !OK ?

Frankie:Smile::winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Wyn!

Just saw your post !

I will send you my e-mail address in a PM , just give me a little while as I'm still working!

I can't see all the détails of the invoice (it is a bill yes) so I need to open it with a zoom option, so only by mail i guess!

Don't worry i will sort this out in 2 minutes time tomorrow ! Will ring the hospital!

Wow, there are great people still left, a lot of whom seem to be funsters.

Thank you for your kindness
Steve

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I had similar last year in that the invoice for the hospital treatment came months after the event

Luckily Frankie was in the country at the time and I was able to show her the paperwork; she telephoned the hospital there and then, explained the situation and got them to send me their bank details and the IBAN Number

I notified the EHIC people that there would be a further claim as I had already reclaimed the Doctor's fee and emergency medication paid at the time, they asked me to send them the original invoice, I paid the hospital through my internet banking as you would for any other bill (I think it cost £5 for an international payment) and EHIC reimbursed me direct into my bank account

It ended up being a very simple exercise
but I couldn't have done it without our very own French Princess's help :thumb:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
23.67???

You can't afford 23.67? EURO'S?

£20 Max?

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Hi Wyn!

Just saw your post !

Not for nothing is she ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:known as Princess::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
23.67???

£20 Max?

Rangi - it isn't a matter of affording it (in my case anyway) it was a matter of how to pay it

There were instructions for paying in person, by cash or by cheque but no details for international payments so I needed for someone fluent to explain the situation to the hospital and get the necessary information - and, luckily, Frankie was on hand :winky:

OP
OP
WynandJean

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Rangi - it isn't a matter of affording it (in my case anyway) it was a matter of how to pay it

There were instructions for paying in person, by cash or by cheque but no details for international payments so I needed for someone fluent to explain the situation to the hospital and get the necessary information - and, luckily, Frankie was on hand :winky:

Yes, same applies here. I am more than happy to pay it, but when the document arrived 7 months after the event I was a little surprised and wanted to ascertain whether it actually was a bill which I was to pay and if so how.

I think I may have it all sorted now anyway. Thank you.

Wyn

OP
OP
WynandJean

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Wyn!

Just saw your post !

Amazing! Absolutely amazing. Thank you so much for your kind offer. It is incredible how Funsters rally round like this to help each other and I am humbled by this.

I think it is all getting sorted out now (see PM, Frankie) but I cannot express my gratidute for offer of help.

Thank you so much.

Wyn

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
23.67???

£20 Max?

I will be thinking when I go (over there) if I now fall ill , it looks like the EHIC card won`t do what it`s meant to, and will they rip me -Mr holiday maker off:Eeek:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We forgot our EHIC cards last year but remembered the insurance. Miss A banged her head badly and we ended up driving to a hospital in Montmorrilon.
After a thorough examination, X-rays and a neck collar to leave in, we left, but no money changed hands, even though we told them we didn't have the necessary cards.
About 4 months later we got a hospital bill for about €120. We contacted our insurance company, sent all the paperwork and a completed claim form and they paid it, after taking their [STRIKE]pound of flesh[/STRIKE] excess from us.
We were going to pay it to start with, but couldn't figure out how to actually do that either..

Allan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back