LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
I may be looking for breakdown cover for trip to Portugal in near future, can I have some info from others please.
Steve

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
We have just taken ours with safeguard.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
A lot seems to depend on your weight & size. Non now you know I meant your MH. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously if your over 7.5 m and/or 3500kg then it can be a problem. Normal AA, RAC, Green Flag and Britannia all initially said they would offer cover but when pressed agreed that anything that size was not covered.

RAC do scheme called arrival which also provides European cover. Has some advantages with a personal cover element and also covers any other vehicles in the household. But not cheap.

Eventually settled on Comfort insurance and their breakdown cover (appears may be RAC arrival) again choice may depend on multiple vehicles if needed.

Will no doubt find out later this year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I have RAC Arrival, it doesn`t cover multi vehicles as such, it is the driver, who is covered, and their passenger in any vehicle that they are driving or as a passenger, I can be in someone else's car and be covered. That is how the RAC guy explained it to me when I joined last year, I got it cheaper as a member of the C&CC.

I have found them to be excellent when I have had to use them in the past.

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
A lot seems to depend on your weight & size. Non now you know I meant your MH. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously if your over 7.5 m and/or 3500kg then it can be a problem. Normal AA, RAC, Green Flag and Britannia all initially said they would offer cover but when pressed agreed that anything that size was not covered.

RAC do scheme called arrival which also provides European cover. Has some advantages with a personal cover element and also covers any other vehicles in the household. But not cheap.

Eventually settled on Comfort insurance and their breakdown cover (appears may be RAC arrival) again choice may depend on multiple vehicles if needed.

Will no doubt find out later this year.

Thanks for this, seems like replating to 4000kg may have a downside.
But iam sure there are plenty over 3500kg MH out there with cover, so more replies please.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back